Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Bike fettling… Does everyone on here do their own? If not… why not?
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Do all my own work and as for tools not really an issue for me as iam a mech service engineer with £8000 worth of tools in two great big tool cheasts in my van so have turned my hand too nearly everything that needs doing, havn't tried wheel building yet!!but will soon 😉

nbt

Have re-rimmed wheels but not built from scratch (well, not without supervision from the LBS)

chvck – Member

Same as nbt, do what I can myself but don't build my own wheels or press headsets!

I've built a headset press to press headsets…

nickc

Most stuff including headsets and wheel building. But sometimes use the LBS for things like bearings as well if I can't be arsed with it.

ononeorange

Despite being the worst ham-fisted clum ever, I've gone from being distinctly edgy about repairing punctures (trail-side faffs were legendary) to doing most things now apart from wheels, forks and headsets. I am wheel-curious though. I'm grateful for a heck of a lot of patience and help from posters on here.

It's all because my "LBS" is an hour away (well the nearest one I'd trust anyway). Starting to really enjoy it now, but for some reason I cannot get to grips with Pro II hubs. There's some sort of curse on them as soon as I touch them. Follow all the instructions – I can almost repeat the Hope video word for word – but does it come apart? Does it go back properly? Does it heck! Determined to do one before my time's up, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Bike fettling… Does everyone on here do their own? If not… why not?’ is closed to new replies.