Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does everyone else find this amazingly cool and awesome?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

35 years old and 17 light hours away, and still suprising/confusing us.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/voyager-discovers-magnetic-highway-edge-solar-system-234106463.html

miketually
    Free Member

Nice stealth edit; I was just about to pull you up on the Voyagers’ age 🙂

What’s really incredible is that they’re still working. How many things built in the 70s are still operating today?

thepurist

So far away, but in stellar terms it’s barely moved. Science is blummin great innit!

molgrips
    Free Member

How many things built in the 70s are still operating today?

Loads.

But of all the things that are not, how many cost billions of $ and had teams of the best scientists and engineers working on them for years, and spent their working life in a vacuum?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I liked the fact the battery will last untill about 2025. Take that apple, your ipod may be 1000x more powerfull, but your battery is shit 😛

swavis

I was reading about this last night. Awesome indeed! 😀

AlexSimon

Watched the documentary about it last month and was pretty staggered by the distances and accuracy involved.
    I still can’t get my head around 11 billion miles.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

But of all the things that are not, how many cost billions of $ and had teams of the best scientists and engineers working on them for years, and spent their working life in a vacuum?

My midget works (barely), although it is 3 years older and was built by a load of comunists somewhere in the midlands. In that context it’s a miracle!

miketually
    Free Member

I’m almost exactly the same age as the Voyager craft and bits of me are starting to fall apart.

corroded
    Free Member

What’s really incredible is that they’re still working. How many things built in the 70s are still operating today?

My parents’ telly.

Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does everyone else find this amazingly cool and awesome?’ is closed to new replies.