Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Does anyone want to paint/powdercoat my frame RAL1026?
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

Im looking to get my frame and a few other bits painted Fluorescent Yellow RAL1026 but i cant find a local company to powder coat it as its not a stocked colour so I may end up having it painted.
    Is there any painters/powder coaters in the west midlands area that could do it.

Thanks

Andy

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Theres a place in Canon Pyon that would more than likely be able to do that!

Admittedly I havn’t used them myself so cannot vouch but a fair few names in the Autograss game have used them and been very pleased with quality and finish etc. I’ll try root out a number but can’t make any promises.

Northwind

Mine was supposedly RAL1026, but it wasn’t flourescent, not sure what that’s all about. It can be expensive to get powder ordered in because of the minimum quantities.

chives
    Free Member

We used to use a powder coaters off Stallings Lane in kingswinford – name escapes me (probably something really original like ‘Powder Coatings’ or something). Don’t know if they do rescue yellow though.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. ill have a ring around.
    Northwind. have you got a photo of your frame in the yellow.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Looks like its nearly impossible to get anyone to paint or powdercoat fluorescent yellow. Apparently powdercoating fades really quickly and the colour contaminates the equipment. So much so that the powder is really hard to come by. I can’t find a local painter who is willing as its too much work to set up the equipment just for a bike frame.
    I’m a bit gutted as I had started buying coordinating bits but you live and learn.

angryratio
    Free Member

I asked for a frame to be done by my local Bettablast of Shiremoor.

They’re easily reached from the a19 on the outskirts of Newcastle.

They did get very close, ended up more a normal yellow. Same powder issue i think.

Northwind

It photographed weirdly, this is the shot that’s probably closest to how it really looked, in other pics it looks variously much brighter, and much whiter. Never been sure if it was the right colour, or if it was just another mistake my ****ing useless powdercoater boy made.

It wasn’t what you’d call luminescent, but it did always seem brighter than it should be, so maybe a very weak effect or something.

It was all yellow by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

andysredmini
    Free Member

Betterblast looks promising, I’ll give them a call in the morning. At least the advertise as having fluorescent colours.
    Thanks for that one.

I may have changed my mind now which bike to paint. I have a brand new giant anthem frame that I wanted done. It’s red white and black at the moment. I have a cove stiffee that is white with red anodised bits that I may swap onto the anthem leaving me free to change the colour of the stiffee. I always though it was a shame to paint the new frame but wanted to do it anyway.

matt_outandabout
    hammyuk
    Free Member

Guy I use has flouro’s but I’m on the south coast.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

try atlantic in Bury

takisawa2

There’s a place on the A38 just before the Aston Expressway, possibly Midland Powder Coating, the chap I spoke to was ok. I’ve a chap in Burton also but limited colour choice.
    What about Orange, as in the bike company not the colour. I’m sure they will do other makes, but its £200 for an Orange 5 but that includes decals & bearings.

nealglover
    Free Member

Try CAS Coatings in Bradford.

Dirt Cheap and they do excellent work. Had loads from them and have been 100% every time.

You would need to post I suppose, and maybe travel to collect, but it will be worth it !

I_Ache
    Free Member

I used the place on the A38 apparently one if the lads there rides. They managed to block everything that needed blocking and did a very good job. I Dont know if they had fluro in stock but they had hundreds of colours that I could have chose from. Only cost me £35 4 years ago.

joeyj
    Free Member

Had my stumpjumper powder coated at Bettablast top job they did too £54 for a three piece frame which was only middle of last year took them two days to complete definately recommend them

angryratio
    Free Member

another thumbs up for Bettablast

renton
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection !!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone want to paint/powdercoat my frame RAL1026?’ is closed to new replies.