Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Does anyone want to know what happens in Game of Thrones next?
  • jekkyl

I’ve just finished reading all the books, ask any questions you like?
    😀 8) 😈

for eg.
    Which major character(s) die next?
    Do any major characters lose any important appendages?
    Do any major characters get sold as slaves?
    Do any major characters lose the ability of a sense?

chvck
    Free Member

I do! But I mean next in the context of the books, I really hope he gets them written!

thejesmonddingo

You need to get out more.

jekkyl

I think there’ll be 7 books in total (he’s writing the 6th one currently) so it will in keeping with all the other sevens in the series. It’s fascinating and I am in awe of George Martin. I can see how it’s all going to pan out for the final showdown.

Cletus

Hopefully he gets a decent editor!

Enjoyed the series so far but the last two were a bit of a trial.

teethgrinder

More of the bint with the dragons, hopebully sans kit.

jekkyl

go back to the very first episode for that mate, it’s right there and her brother fondles her tit!

anagallis_arvensis

Current series has been a bit light on naked ladies imo.

kimbers

OP you see thats where you are wrong

I bet you havent read the hedge knight graphic novels or short stories

PM me if anyone wants them as pdfs of the short stories, theyve only done the 1st 2 as graphic novels afaik

Northwind

I think George RR Martin would like to know what happens next, he doesn’t seem to have the slightest idea… “I know! I’ll fill half of the book with a pointless subplot with some unlikable characters that ends abruptly when <spoiler> <nah but seriously it’s Game of Thrones, you know they die> I’m a genius!”

Fair play to him! I think the only hope is for him to die and Brandon Sanderson to finish it, frankly if I’d known how well that works I’d have murdered Robert Jordan years ago.

jekkyl

How’s it going to end do you think?
    Danaerys rides back to Westeros collecting the forlorn Stark kids along the way before raising Kings London sorry Landing to the ground? I’m not so sure King Tommin’s going to be that bothered about fighting her. & what’s become of little Rikkon?

Garry_Lager

I’m no longer a believer after that last book. A feast for crows was very wobbly, but I thought / hoped he could get the series back on track. There’s no coming back from a dance with dragons, though. What a cauldron of shite.

It’s an interesting study, on how hard it is to sustain a narrative over such a large series and how you can write yourself out of your own story. Taking years out between books virtually guarantees this happening.
    Steve Erickson banged out ten Malazan books at 1000 pages a go over 12 or so years (begun after GoT, finished before). He’s not as talented a writer as GRRM (although he’s considerably more EPIC) and his series had its own ups and downs, but there’s a sustained momentum that powers the whole thing forward.

kimbers

Im guessing that jon snow is the child of rob baratheon and a targaryen princess so hes gonna end up on the throne

organic355
    Free Member

3rd series is slow, it better pick up soon or I’m out.

organic355
    Free Member

Oh and can someone explain why that guys getting torchured and who by?

grum
    Free Member

Hopefully he gets a decent editor!
    Enjoyed the series so far but the last two were a bit of a trial.

+lots

jekkyl

Theon greyjoy and Ramsey the bastard bolton

z1ppy

TBH I gave up on the books, as he killed off all the good characters
    Damn is that a plot spoiler… nnnnaah you were expecting it weren’t you

chvck
    Free Member

I think there’ll be 7 books in total (he’s writing the 6th one currently) so it will in keeping with all the other sevens in the series.

Indeed, the worry is that he won’t live to write them all.

jekkyl

kimbers – Member
    Im guessing that jon snow is the child of rob baratheon and a targaryen princess so hes gonna end up on the throne

Interesting proposition Mr Kim, but there’s no clues left about this left through the series of books. Thinking specifically about when Rob was with Eddard out for the day near winterfell, they were alone so they have discussed Jon’s parentage without hiding anything.

richmtb

I got halfway through a Feast for Crows and gave up.

He has this really annoying habit of leaving the main story for about 200 pages while he introduces a new set of character you couldn’t give a flying frig about.

I’m sticking with the TV series, mainly to see what gets left out in the interest of editorial coherence.

Garry_Lager

GRRM lays a pretty big clue on Jon’s parentage in that Danaerys dream sequence doesn’t he? (When she goes through the house and sees visions)

Recall it was different from what Kimbers suggests but won’t spoiler it. Not that this is the answer to Jon’s parentage, like, it could be GRRM just arsing about.

jekkyl

I shall have to go back and have a read but I took that bit to be just all about Danaerys herself, betrayed 3 times etc.

atlaz
    Free Member

Does anyone else think that Martin isn’t really sure what is going on himself? The story lurches from ill-conceived sub-story to a good sub-story and back again. He creates and kills of characters at random and generally seems to have no story arc planned. That said, given he didn’t really expect to get past the 3rd book, maybe that’s normal.

Garry_Lager

atlaz – Member

Does anyone else think that Martin isn’t really sure what is going on himself? The story lurches from ill-conceived sub-story to a good sub-story and back again. He creates and kills of characters at random and generally seems to have no story arc planned. That said, given he didn’t really expect to get past the 3rd book, maybe that’s normal. It does read a bit like that TV show ‘Lost’ at times, narrative on the hoof. I think he shanked it into the weeds in book 4 and hasn’t been able to hack it out successfully since. It must be next to impossible to sit down, pick up the pen and plan out a story arc for 6 or 7 massive novels – Marcel Proust did it but that’s a singular case, anyone else is going to have the narrative go pear-shaped at some point.

Writing these big fantasy epics was never GRRM’s style, if you read what he was doing beforehand, so I think he just badly ran out of steam with it after book 3 and that did the damage. I think they’re still good reading on a page by page level – he’s great at character development, dialog etc. It just gets a bit of a chore if you don’t really believe that the author is in control of his story.

kimbers

Interesting proposition Mr Kim, but there’s no clues left about this left through the series of books. Thinking specifically about when Rob was with Eddard out for the day near winterfell, they were alone so they have discussed Jon’s parentage without hiding anything.

i think its just an impression i came away with, plus all of roberts bastards have dark hair, like john, but im sure he has blue/violet eyes too- like the targaryens

grum
    Free Member

Indeed, the worry is that he won’t live to write them all.

I’m sure I read somewhere that he had told the TV show producers the outline plot up to the end in case he doesn’t ever finish the books. It definitely seems like he’s making it up as he goes along in the last couple though.

jekkyl

he takes more than a year to write a novel so I think there will come a point where the TV series will be waiting for him to write the rest of it, plus they seem to be condensing a lot of the novels into shorter sequence for TV.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think there’s a lot of side stories that have little to add to the main plots so they’re happy to ignore them.

kimbers

im pretty sure ive read that some of the novels are being split up so his proposed 7 book series will be 12 or so tv seasons so he may just catch up

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

“I know! I’ll fill half of the book with a pointless subplot

..and the other half with lists of things, and lists of lists of things.
    And then the food arrived, Myrish fish with sliced valyrian ground tubers accompanied by finest Dornish green peas hand picked by vegetarian slaves when the sun shone highest in the sky, each part being lovingly garnished with fine rock salt hewn by dwarves from the distant Mountains of Moriah and klingon battle vinegar transported by caravan from the red deserts of oh ffs, they had fish and chips for tea..

kimbers

you lot havent experienced the wheel of time? grrm is an amateur I disctinctly remember 2 whole pages of Perrin inspecting how roadworthy a cart was

klumpy
    Free Member

This thread, seriously?
    There are people here who would bitch about oxygen.

unovolo
    Free Member

I thought Jon Snow was Eddie Starks bast@rd so unless he’s was getting it on with his best mate Elton John style then I don’t think that idea will work.

Northwind

kimbers – Member

I disctinctly remember 2 whole pages of Perrin inspecting how roadworthy a cart was

Pff, if you distinctly remember it, it must have been a good bit- I’ve distinctly forgotten about 5 of the novels completely, apart from the bit at the end where it goes “and then Rand totally kills yet another Forsaken, and then sulks”

Dolcered

I had to give up on The Wheel of Time books, couldn’t do it anymore.

I’ve decided to do the same with the Game of Thrones books, too many unnecessary words. Thankfully they aged most of the characters up in the tv series, in the books I kept thinking jees these are 13/14 yr old children.

kimbers

unovolo – Member
    I thought Jon Snow was Eddie Starks bast@rd so unless he’s was getting it on with his best mate Elton John style then I don’t think that idea will work.

thats just what ned said, but he specifically wouldnt go into any details about it and became very evasive with robert when questioned (was mentioned above)

im sure there are other hints in the book

Im willing to bet a bag of silver stags and a night at littlefingers brothel that jon snow will ultimately be king beyond and behind the wall by the end of it all

and then logan nine fingers will come along and butcher him with his bare hands in a berzerker frenzy

ps if you care, joe abercrombies first law is being released as a graphic novel, heres the first few pages!
    http://www.firstlawcomic.com/archive/1/

satchm00
    Free Member

All I want to know is does John Snow actually know anything?

kimbers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone want to know what happens in Game of Thrones next?’ is closed to new replies.