Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • does anyone use a lightwieght torso protector or wrist suports for riding?
  • lyons
    Free Member

I'm thinking of buying something like this ?

I'd mainly be using it for dirt jumping and depending on how comfortable it is, some of the more 'extreme' xc riding i do occasionally. I ask as i had a preety hard crash on the woburn dirt jumps yesterdy, which winded me for a while, and i still ache today. So was thinking these might be good?

Also, a few friends have broken wrists recently, and i've been thinking, would wrist supports like these help to reduce the risk of that?

jam-bo

Thats a roost protector so unless your riding behind a motocross bike it isn't going to do you any favors….

TN
    Free Member

J uses the 661 wrist wrap pro and it's saved his wrist on many occasion. It's fairly sturdy but it's good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

no wrist supports dont stop breakages. they support your wrists when sprained etc

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I use the 661 Wrist Wrap as I broke my right wrist a number of years ago, so just use it for support and a bit of confidence. Great bit of kit, good value and does the job. Easy to wash too!

DT78
    Free Member

I use the 661 wrist support – the biggest one they do as I broke my scaphoid back in May. Gives me a bit of confidence and I reckon it will help a bit in a stack. Problem is in under 2 months riding it's already a bit knackered and one of the plates has split out under the palm. Was hoping for better tbh

lyons
    Free Member

ok, well my wrists are fine so far… was just wondering if there was anything that might help… bieing an electrcian, a broken wrist would be a preety bad injury for me…

any suggestons for a lightweight chest and back protector then? i have a dianese upper body thing for dh riding but it seems a bit overkill sometimes.

jedi

back protector=camelback (blow back into it as you drink to keep it inflated 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

The 661 core saver is probably as light as you're going to get whilst still providing some useful protection, not sure I'd want to do much XC in one though http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9569

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘does anyone use a lightwieght torso protector or wrist suports for riding?’ is closed to new replies.