Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Does anyone use a compressor in their home workshop? If so what and why?
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Basically as the title says, I’m just after a cheap compressor for tubeless tyres and the like. What do you use?

Thanks

neilwheel
    Free Member

Ghetto inflator unless you need one for any other reason.

jonk
    Free Member

I’ve got one like this
    http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ranger-46-air-compressor

which i used for many things including blowing up tubeless tyres

Suggsey
    Free Member

I got one similar to jonks and it makes tubeless set ups an absolute breeze along with car tyre checks, etc etc etc etc.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve got an Axminster compressor. <£100 reliable and makes tubeless set up so much easier. Well worth the money for that alone.
    Tom KP

project
    Free Member

got one on a nail gun, also thinking about getting a air drill.screwdriver.

shedfull
    Free Member

I have a 50 litre one I got from Screwfix a few years ago. I imagined I’d use it to drive air tools but the inline oiler thing turned into a faff and you need to completely bypass the oil system and use different hoses to inflate tyres, so the air tools sit unused in a drawer. I’d say the air gun gets most use, blasting crud and water off parts.

I also have a standard tyre inflator head but I got fed up of using adapters on Presta valves so I cut the Schrader connector off and screwed a BBB track pump head onto the hose. It now fits Presta or Schrader valves and I can inflate tyres up to 80 psi.

Northwind

I’ve got a cheap SIP 50 litre, got it for a motorbike respray- like Shedfull I thought I’d use the air tools but I’ve never found much use for them, too cumbersome. So these days I only use it for tyres and as an air duster. It’s the sort of thing I’d not buy just for the use I make of it, but I’m still glad I have it.

cookeaa

Cheap old 40L one here, mostly used for tubeless and also blowing up road tyres, I have a spray gun for it (actually a mate is still “borrowing” that) and a blower nozzle but I only ever seem to use the tyre inflator TBH.

One thing I will say, it is bloody loud when the motor kicks and in, I need to build a little sounds proofed box/cupboard for it to live in, using it after 9:00 feels a bit too antisocial TBH, good excuse to get a nail gun I reckon…

Air tools rule!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone use a compressor in their home workshop? If so what and why?’ is closed to new replies.