Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does anyone ride SE London area? need a locals advice
  • salome33
    Free Member

I am heading for a night out in Kingston on saturday and driving from oxford. I am going to take my bike like a real bike geek and shred a new spot during the day!

Are there any decent spots round there? like the SE m25 area give or take 20miles or so. I ride everything but long xc loops, main stomping grounds are Chicksands and Wobern.

Swinley is kind of one the way but hit that twice in the last month!

Cheers guys

rewski
    Free Member

Lots over Surrey Hills and North Downs, maybe head over to Leith Hill from Box Hill or Ranmore Common. Nirvana Cycles in Westcott, Dorking do shop rides on a Saturday I think.

RickyRah
    Free Member

Kingston is in SW last time I checked.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hit that twice in the last month!

You should ride more carefully then.

Kingston is indeed SW, so Surrey Hills would be my pick of the riding spots from there.

salome33
    Free Member

haha i havnt had my first tea yet, I blame that for my mistake!

captain flashheart – I try and bike every sat and sun so going to one place twice in a month is hardly hitting something to much!

Surrey hills is quite well spoken of on this forum aswell which is a good sign, I will look into it, thanks

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Just be careful. I hear the Surrey Hills may burst at any time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Surrey Hills will be 25 miles and 45-60 minutes, also closest hill Ranmore is one of the wettest so not so great now unfortunately.

Site below has lots of XC loops (some map links seem to be down at the moment) – I can map you out a decent XC loop around North Downs Way easily accessed from A3 starting at Newlands Corner. Also help with trails in Surrey Hills proper – although really to get the best you need to be shown.

VCGH

Aside from Swinley you have Queen Elizabeth Country Park which is probably not worth the long drive for you.

Cheezpleez

Talk to Nirvana Cycles. Sounds like you’d like one of their jumpy rides

jambalaya
    Free Member

Talk to Nirvana Cycles. Sounds like you’d like one of their jumpy rides

Saturday 10am is the freeride – call the shop and speak to Simon (owner). If you go on this ride you ride stuff you probably couldn’t find on your own.

Nirvana Cycles

I just saw you didn’t want XC so my link isn’t going to help you, sorry.

vinnyeh

Rogate if you want dh stuff?, might be a bit far south though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone ride SE London area? need a locals advice’ is closed to new replies.