Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Does anyone read spam?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I got one this morning. It goes like this:

November 30th, 2010: We have reasons to believe that your PayPal account was accessed by a third party.

OK, that’s reasonable…

Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive account features.

😯 Why would you do that?! But OK, at least it’s written in plain English for now…

We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.
    OPEN AND COMPLETE THE FORM ATTACHED IN THIS MESSAGE TO REGAIN ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT.

Hmmm…..

When you will complete the document we have sent, remember to ALLOW javascript or ActiveX to run from the bar that will pop-up,
    otherwise we cannot verify the informations you have provided.

Ah yes, I’m a complete idiot, I’ll do that right away. Only you didn’t send a docement, or a link, or anything as the email encoding is completely mashed.

How do people fall for such junk. They must never actually READ emails.

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

I always read my spam cos it quite often makes me laugh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the quality of the attempt is poor sometimes I even reply as they are just encouragable. They almost always reply for days then give you death threats great fun – better than trolling on here

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone read spam?’ is closed to new replies.