Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Does anyone own an 2009 trek or newer?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I’m trying to decide what kind of frame to get for this years riding, I like the look of the trek frames and was wondering if anyone has one.

What do they ride like and at 5ft7″ would an 18.5″ frame be the right size for me?

GTDave
    Free Member

They ride really well.
    I have a 2009 Fuel EX8, size 18.5 (17’5) and I am 5’11.
    Fits me perfectly.

sam_underhill

I’m 5’6″ and I’ve had a quick spin on my mate’s EX9.somethingOrOther, it felt massive. I’d say you’d probably want the next size down.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

I’d say try before you buy. The Virtual size is the size you need to consider with TREK. You will notice quite a few TREKs have a curved top tube – so the tradtional standover height is affected by this.

jimw
    Free Member

I am 6’2″ and have a 19.5″ and that is quite big for me- I put a shorter stem on to make it more comfortable. I would check both 18.5″ and 17.5″ out at a dealer if you can

rickon
    Free Member

Definitley not 18.5. 17.5 is what you’d need… probably.

How long are your legs? And what Effective Top Tube fits you at the moment? the 18.5 is about 605mm, which is quite long… you’d feel very stretched out at 5’7 unless you have very short legs.

stanleyfearncycles
    Free Member

We sell them and I agree with the comments above.An 18.5″ will almost certainly be too big for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone own an 2009 trek or newer?’ is closed to new replies.