Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Does anyone on here ride in Southey Woods (West side of Peterborough)?
  • leewo
    Free Member

Do any of you guys either ride at fine shades, wakerley or these trails near Ikea that would like to show a fellow rider some of the singletrack areas that are worth looking at?

Or any other areas worth a look within the area?

leewo
    Free Member

Check my post here – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/happy-new-year-first-ride-of-2012/page/2 – It’s not THAT near IKEA but is in that general area. Don’t want to post the exact location publicly, but if you’re interested email me (in profile) and I’ll send you proper directions.

I couldn’t find your email to contact you in your profile? I am interested in finding the location from you if this would be possible and just have a scout down there before taking the bike…

colournoise

Hmmmnnn, I thought email addresses showed up in our profiles.

Mail me at rrrooobbbppp [at] googlemail [dot] com

slainte 😀 rob

kmax
    Free Member

If anyone on here who rides in the peterborough stamford area is intrested Local living LTD publish a booklet of 20 local rides in the
    stamford, rutland,and nene valley area.These are rides useing country lanes and bridleways.
    avalable online at http://www.bestlocalliving.co.uk or PO Box 208, Stamford PE9 9FY cost is £3.50

Clobber
    Free Member

Hi Leewo, We meet across the road from Cross Keys Pub in Kings Cliffe every Sunday morning (7:30am) and go out for 2-3hours around Wakerley or the routes posted earlier in the thread.

Not much freeriding to be had round our way though.

My email address is in my profile if you want to contact me.

stumpy01

Might have to order one of those books, kmax!

Clobber – I might tag along at some point if that’s OK? Will have to find a weekend where I can get out on a Sun morning.
    I’m Deeping way, so not too far to get over to Kings Cliffe.

Clobber
    Free Member

You’d be very welcome Stumpy, if you send me your email address I’ll add you to our mailing list so you can see what we get up to. (my email address is in my profile)

We generally do a Wednesday evening ride as well and some trips out, cannock, swinley, 3 days in Wales this coming May etc…

leewo
    Free Member

Thank you everyone good to see although the area is quite flat there is still an interest in the sport this way. Will hopefully meet some of you on the trails soon…

colournoise

Been riding Southey a bit over the last few weeks as the surface there seems to be holding up better than other trails round here. Short but sweet loop with a couple of singletrack sections that are going to be cracking when things dry and warm up.

Was down there today (couldn’t resist the snow). The weather (and road conditions) obviously put off the usual hordes of dog walkers on the main paths – evidence of them being there by way of a few footprints but only other person I saw was someone as cool/stupid as me who was out for a snow ride on his orange Soul (nice looking bike if it was you I said hello to).

slainte 8) rob

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone on here ride in Southey Woods (West side of Peterborough)?’ is closed to new replies.