Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does anyone on here live in Geneva or know the airport well?
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

Does anyone on here live in Geneva? Does anybody know Geneva airport well?

We want to fly to Geneva (Easyjet) in July, a group of us with bikes in boxes. Then stuff all the boxes into one box and leave it with some sort of airport left luggage, hopefully cheap. Then bike off and Transalp for 10 days before flying back from Geneva so that we will have boxes there for our return. The option is that we ditch the boxes, however the problem with that of course is easily finding boxes for our return (which can always be unpredictable!)

Any help would be gratefully welcomed. Of course the other way is if any transfer co was meeing others from our flight then taking people back for our return, we would gladly give the box to them (for safe keeping) for a similar cost.

C

scotia
    Free Member
    ChrisE
    Free Member

Maximum size would not work, if they realise its a box not a bike.

C

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

IIRC there’s folk selling cardboard bike boxes at the airport £20 or so?

ChrisE
    Free Member

Whatnobeer, that would be handy. Anyone have details?
    C

ChrisE
    Free Member
    ChrisE
    Free Member

Anyone?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not used it personally, but my parents have used the service a few times when they’ve done A-B type touring trips. The boxes they got were really big, much bigger than standard ‘ship the bike to the lbs’ type boxes and had really heavy duty cardboard.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve left a bike box (with a bike inside…) at the storage office in the train station next door (same link as above). Worked like a dream although there is obviously a cost involved.

jameso

Chris, we’ve bought boxes at Nice airport, after riding from Geneva where we’d binned our outward boxes. I think most main airports in France sell them but they’re not that tough. Did the job ok though. What route are your taking this time?

jono84
    Free Member

Im competing in the European Tri in July in Geneva , my understanding is transfer from the airport to the city is free (but costs around 4-5 quid on return) this may open yoir options for storage up if you could find somewhere in the city ? Just a thought 🙂 cheers

ChrisE
    Free Member

Hi James. Working on the route, but generally ,Aigle, long 2 day route to Morzine, new route to Atterne, Servoz, Chanonix, then a high level Haute Route to Zermatt.

Should be good!
    C

beanum

It’s a bit of a long shot but you could try posting on here:
    EnglishForum

It’s an ex-pat website for Switzerland, you could ask if anyone is prepared to meet you at GVA and look after the boxes for you..?
    If I lived closer to Geneva I would offer myself…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone on here live in Geneva or know the airport well?’ is closed to new replies.