Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Does anyone on here give a rats ass about soft furnishings?
  • deets

I surprised myself by quite enjoying two hours of curtain fabric browsing in John Lewis. That ended when we were quoted well over a grand. The issue is still unresolved.

BigJohn

It has Tammy Wynettes caravan in the back for the bands to relax in

Is the bloke siting down eating a pie the man you have to stand by?

Harry_the_Spider

I surprised myself by quite enjoying two hours of curtain fabric browsing in John Lewis.

Take a moment to have a word with yourself.

Back to my OP. Just spunked £615 on some blinds. Very nice they are too.

BigJohn

I thought wiping it on the curtains was the favoured method.

TheWrongTrousers

On the basis that my lovely lady is very interested in this kind of thing, plus the fact that she is also very interested in the sexy sexy thing, I find myself also very interested in soft furnishings. That way I get to enjoy her ‘soft furnishings’ in an enthusiastic and quite regular manner.
    I find that interest in one by me results in increased interest in the other by her, What’s not to like ?!?

Esme
    Free Member

For any converts, John Lewis is often quite inspiring:

stumpy01

bigyinn – Member
    My OH once spent £185 on a pair of lined curtains. WTF? I was less than impressed tbh.

Bargain! The ones for our dining room were £350 or so and I think the ones for the bedroom came in at just over £300.

I want the house to look nice so take probably as much interest in this kind of thing as my Wife does.
    Sometimes I get my way, most of the time I don’t.

Harry_the_Spider

Esme, are they hats?

boxelder

Jelly fish nightmares 😯

I admit to quite enjoying fluffing her pillows.

edhornby

in all seriousness I do have a say, usually to make sure the ridiculous prices are avoided and also to make sure no wallpaper comes in the house ( I hate the stuff) because I’m the one doing the decorating and I live in my house.

Mrs Ed has quite good taste I have to say, the indecision is something I help to avoid by clear use of ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ without any other qualifying statements to narrow choice down 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Ok I have castrated my self and fed my testicles to the cat, I love Marimekko stuff, it is so Finnish and I love Finland. Will bring a duvet set back when I visit in January 😆

ourmaninthenorth

I care a great deal about how our house looks. I what I see in my immediate surroundings to be pleasing to my eye.

TBH, I think I have better taste than Mrs North* so any interior stuff either results in protracted discussion or complete inertia.

We’re at the interia stage with this house, and so are still surrounded by the dreadful magnolia and B&Q kitchen and bathroom installed by the previous owners. The only answer is for me to take the lead on getting an extension, kitchen and bathroom designed**.

*I don’t, but I have to maintain my delusions
    **I’m rather a fan of brutalism, so Mrs North needs to wake up before we’re living in concrete city!

Bunnyhop

nbt – swoon.

deets – Member
    I surprised myself by quite enjoying two hours of curtain fabric browsing in John Lewis. That ended when we were quoted well over a grand. The issue is still unresolved.

This is where you need someone such as myself.
    Step 1, cut out the middleman by finding a local curtain maker (such as myself)
    Step 2 curtain maker will tell you how much fabric to purchase (from your measurements).
    step 3 pay the curtain maker at least 20% or less for the making up that some of these chain stores (John Lewis, Laura Ashley, Cath Kidson etc.)charge 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

I care a great deal about how our house looks. I what I see in my immediate surroundings to be pleasing to my eye.

+1

Functional is great, but if something looks absolutely shit I can’t spend x hours per day looking at it and it’s not that practical for me to walk through my house with my eyes closed.

It’s not that hard to pick stuff that doesn’t look shit.

I’m pretty sure there’s people here who wear short sleeved shirts though, so I wonder whether we’re just coming at this whole life thing from two completely different perspectives? 🙂

fasthaggis

I see a lot of blokes here on a one way trip to having their clothes all chosen by their wives Girlfriends Mum [s]shop assistants[/s] random strangers ….
    Oh dear….

🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

All the curtains in our house are as was left by the previous owners – previous 2 houses were the same. And the decoration for that matter.

Sofa was my choice – nice and big and almost black. Wife didn’t like it but gave in when I agreed to have extra cushions.

colin9

I’m pretty sure there’s people here who wear short sleeved shirts though, so I wonder whether we’re just coming at this whole life thing from two completely different perspectives?

😆

bruneep

Just been ask for my opinion on the “throw” and “cushion” that has made its way home.

is not the correct response…..apparently

choppersquad
    Free Member

I had to put up some black wallpaper with sparkly crystal bits in, on one wall in our lounge…but only when she agreed to let me choose the entire colour scheme for our new kitchen extension.
    Trust me, she’s bricking it now.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone on here give a rats ass about soft furnishings?’ is closed to new replies.