• This topic has 106 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • does anyone not give a monkey's arse?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member
    tootallpaul

I don’t give a badgers elbow.

And despite living opposite the polling station, I will be exercising my democratic right and not voting.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I don’t really understand why we have referendums. Isn’t this why we have politicians? Seeing some of the people on tv giving their opinions, they shouldn’t be allowed to choose their own meals never mind if we should stay in the EU or not.

slowoldman

Well yes, if Cameron had any guts he would have put in the party manifesto at the election whether the party would remain in the EU or not.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“clodhopper – get of your high horse you areshole.”

😆

“Classic troll. Post thread that will cause a reaction/argument and then sit back with a hob nob and a cuppa.”

Oh of course. Classic example of ‘I’m too apathetic/lazy/ignorant/stupid to actually engage with the topic many others around me are, and am feeling a bit left out, but I still need attention, so I’ll post a ‘look at me’ trolling post to get others to take notice of me’.

Followed up brilliantly with: “i shall not be voting”. Ok. But you still had to tell everyone that, though, didn’t you? 🙄

I did like this response:

“By choosing not to vote, your are, in effect, voting to remain. You’re happy enough with the status quo to not to want to change it.. So, you WILL be voting….sort of.”

😀

slowoldman

“By choosing not to vote, your are, in effect, voting to remain. You’re happy enough with the status quo to not to want to change it.. So, you WILL be voting….sort of.”

Wrong. If the voting is going to be as close as we are being told (I’m not sure it will be) then not voting could easily end up supporting an out vote.

Anyone who is apathetic about it is tacitly accepting the status quo. They should make that plain by voting Remain.

footflaps

Well yes, if Cameron had any guts he would have put in the party manifesto at the election whether the party would remain in the EU or not.

Yep an insane risk, which could easily backfire…

nostoc
    Free Member

My mum and dad both voted by postal vote, one voting in and the other out. If I were them, I wouldn’t have bothered.

miketually
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y[/video]

It’s already been posted, but I’m going to post this video again. Watch it before making your final decision.

sirromj

I don’t really understand why we have referendums. Isn’t this why we have politicians?

Exactly. Politicians, Academics, etc, spend their entire lives trying to understand all this stuff and they still can’t agree and then they expect us to make some kind of decision for them.

mefty
    Free Member

It’s already been posted, but I’m going to post this video again. Watch it before making your final decision.

That is incredibly boring lasted a couple of minutes.

miketually
    Free Member

Exactly. Politicians, Academics, etc, spend their entire lives trying to understand all this stuff and they still can’t agree and then they expect us to make some kind of decision for them.

They almost universally agree on staying in the EU.

It’s information about legal issues arising from a referendum. It’s not going to be Game of Thrones.

zippykona

My mum is voting out as someone she knew had a nasty nurse in hospital. Turns out she was African so obviously leaving the EU will sort that.

miketually
    Free Member

You could try this video instead:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8[/video]

mefty
    Free Member

It’s information about legal issues arising from a referendum.

I spend my life looking at legal issues, I don’t find them uninteresting, he is a truly awful speaker.

miketually
    Free Member

he is a truly awful speaker

content > delivery

mefty
    Free Member

content > delivery

If your delivery is rubbish, content is irrelevant as no one listens to it so I think the opposite – as do many studies.

miketually
    Free Member

If your delivery is rubbish, content is irrelevant as no one listens to it so I think the opposite – as do many studies.

For those who want delivery, there’s every news bulletin plus John Oliver.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Said a simpleton, sorry but I’m sick of it really. This isn’t x factor or BG F’in T this is the future

mefty
    Free Member

Plenty of examples of people who fail to achieve because they can’t get their message across, it is just the nature of life.

miketually
    Free Member

Plenty of examples of people who fail to achieve because they can’t get their message across, it is just the nature of life.

Prof Michael Dougan M.A. (Cantab), Ph.D (Cantab)
    Professor of European Law and Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law, Dean of the Liverpool Law School

I wonder what he’d be doing if he could get his message across?

mefty
    Free Member

Be a practicing lawyer? Poor presentation is pretty common among academics in my experience.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

so person who CBA listening to the end is critical, bored easily? Facts can be challenging and dull but soundbites are so sexy 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

I don’t find facts remotely dull – just saying I don’t think that is a particularly useful piece as it is boring and poorly presented – much better stuff out there.

sirromj

Got home today after exclaiming in an irritated tone to those at work I wouldn’t be voting etc etc only to end up walking down to the polling station to vote – was suddenly struck by an image of Britain out of the EU and run by the far right 😐

leffeboy

Hope there are lots like you

fin25
    Free Member

When votes are checked in village halls,
    I hope they see my cock and balls.
    I tried my best to take a side,
    But in the end I realised
    That leave or stay is much the same,
    The markets by another name.

But wait, they cry, you stupid boy,
    Your ballot paper’s not a toy!
    If you don’t vote, you can’t complain,
    Can’t share our joy or ease our pain.

So now I sit here full of shame,
    My protest just feels somewhat lame.

My gesture to democracy
    Is more than simple apathy.
    There’s anger in my childish scrawl,
    And not just at your campaign brawl.
    The system doesn’t care for us,
    Now put that on your battle bus!

In or out, the end’s the same,
    We lose, you win, you’ve rigged the game.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘does anyone not give a monkey's arse?’ is closed to new replies.