• This topic has 106 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • does anyone not give a monkey's arse?
  • ton

about in or out.

iainc

shake it all about.

onandon
    Free Member

Do the Hokey Cokey ?

scotroutes

Even if you think it’ll not impact you, you have kids. Do you not think it’s part of your responsibility as a parent to find out what’s likely to be best for them and vote accordingly?

Edit: That’s what it’s all about.

khani
    Free Member

I do give a monkeys, but im tired with all the insults and bollocks being spouted..

martinhutch

monkey’s arse

Are we talking about that pic of Gove again?

pondo

I do give a monkeys, but im tired with all the insults and bollocks being spouted..

+1

leffeboy

Yep, it’s easily as important as general elections as the result will last a longer time.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I very much give a monkey’s arse. Like others I’m fed up of the crap being spouted and it makes me despair of politics. Whatever the outcome it will be hugely disruptive for the UK and I hope my unfounded fears are just that.

aracer
    Free Member

No, me neither. Not when they seem to be playing their matches late in the evening when it’s not a good time to go for a bike ride on nice empty roads.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sadly not, it’s bothering me – more because of the way the battle lines have been drawn it’s a fight between right and left, liberal v reactionary more than Pro EU v Anti EU and whatever side wins, it’s going to be a pretty decent yard stick of the ‘state of the nation’.

The far right and extreme far right have been on the march in the UK for years now, the sorts of thing that UKIP put out now that merely raises an eyebrow (nazi esq posters protraying refugees as EU citizens coming here to take our houses/jobs/women) would have been shouted about if the BNP put it out 15 years ago and futher to the right we’ve got Britian First clambering for mainstream recognition whilst their members hold training camps in Wales and of course what happened last week by someone who may or may not have been a member, but certainly is a follower of theirs.

I worry more about a Leave vote because of the retoric the leave camp are using to justify it, more than leaving the EU per-se. It weighs heavy on me.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you not think it’s part of your responsibility as a parent to find out what’s likely to be best for them and vote accordingly?

Got a link to those facts? I might be interested if I could find anything but speculation and bullshit.

clodhopper
    Free Member

OP (and those not giving a monkeys); maybe the whole Referendum thing is simply a little too intellectually challenging for you to engage with?

stewartc
    Free Member

I do give a monkeys, but im tired with all the insults and bollocks being spouted.

+2

Based on observations from a distance it seems that we are now in an era of negative campaigning where this referendum has gone from a simple ‘do you want to be in or out of the EU to a ‘if you vote so and so your a racist/an idiot/ etc’.

People like Trump don’t exist in a vacuum, they need a system in place to enable them and the politics of hate, almost like the Cultural revolution, enables this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think the various threads show we care very much

samunkim
    Free Member

Yes I g.a.m.a.

General elections are just a oxbridge PPE toff donkey race & “No matter who you vote for the government always gets in”

With everyone still shocked by the death of Jo Cox, its perhaps a little unfair to forget Alice Gross.

This a once in a life time opportunity to send a message

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Interesting that you mention Trump. The division of the UK as a result of the referendum and the rise of Trump both make me fear for the future. I’m not confident about this unknown era it looks like we’re entering.

ads678

OP (and those not giving a monkeys); maybe the whole Referendum thing is simply a little too intellectually challenging for you to engage with?

clodhopper – get of your high horse you areshole.

It seems it’s too challenging for politicians to properly engage with, which is why they just sling insult after insult at each other whilst not actually giving a shit what the general public think.

Politics in this country is **** shambles and politicians should be ashamed of themselves. They’re not though because they don’t give a shit about anybody who will actually be affect by their bullshit!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Even if you think it’ll not impact you, you have kids. Do you not think it’s part of your responsibility as a parent to find out what’s likely to be best for them and vote accordingly?

Edit: That’s what it’s all about.

Nicely done.

legend
    Free Member

khani – Member

this one’s well civilised compared to the indy ref

grahamt1980

Can we just not give jamba’s arse to the monkeys and be done with it?

willrab
    Free Member

samunkim –
    With everyone still shocked by the death of Jo Cox, its perhaps a little unfair to forget Alice Gross.

This a once in a life time opportunity to send a message

Are you seriously trying use 1 murder to make a judgement of EU membership? I’m pretty sure that there will have been more crimes committed by British people than by immigrants, probably as a percentage too.

Does 1 British loner trying to take out Trump mean that the US should quash all trade deals, political deals and ban Brits from the US?

ads678

Who is Alice Gross?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

“It seems it’s too challenging for politicians to properly engage with, which is why they just sling insult after insult at each other whilst not actually giving a shit what the general public think.

Politics in this country is **** shambles and politicians should be ashamed of themselves. They’re not though because they don’t give a shit about anybody who will actually be affect by their bullshit!”

This x10. I do GAMA and in this time of fear mongering and division think it would be best to be in the EU if only to stand for something rather than against it, and in time find a way to make it work for the better.
    but I am loathe to think that the Remain campaign will take my vote as somehow accredited to them and their hard work in spreading the poop just as thick as the leave campaign.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sadly a very important vote has been wrecked by politicians doing what they do best.

Whatever the result, we will still have idiots as politicians and idiots in Brussels, none of them democratic / honest or open.

I’ve also failed to find unbiased factual opinion. Leaving or staying in will still be controlled / negotiated by political idiots.

So it seems like whatever choice I make it will be one devoid of proper facts – that pretty much makes it a bad choice.

toby1

Very much care, very much looking forward to the vote coming and for all the bull**** to be over and done with.

richc
    Free Member

Got a link to those facts? I might be interested if I could find anything but speculation and bullshit.

How can there be facts, nobody knows exactly what will happen in the future; you can make an informed opinion based on historical evidence and trends, however that’s not a fact.

You can’t guarantee the sun is going to come up tomorrow, its very very likely but its not a fact; just like you don’t *know* the pound will lose value against the $ or Euro, its very likely but anyone saying it *will* is a liar.

The world isn’t black and white (even though UKIP would like it to be in every sense)

bigrich

whatever happens, Britain’s soul is a little grubbier than it was before

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Britain’s soul is a little grubbier than it was before

Well said

blader1611
    Free Member

I dont give a monkeys posterior but i have found it quite amusing that the local school is being closed on thurs and fri for voting yet if you take your child away on holiday on a school day you get fined! Does this mean i can fine them for holding voting on a school day? F####ing ridiculous

DezB
    Free Member

How can there be facts, nobody knows exactly what will happen in the future

Pretty much my point about what was said to Ton. How, as a parent can you know who to vote for based on what might, or might not change. I’ve read some stuff, but I’m not clever enough to work out what will be best for my son.

richc
    Free Member

I dont give a monkeys posterior but i have found it quite amusing that the local school is being closed on thurs and fri for voting yet if you take your child away on holiday on a school day you get fined! Does this mean i can fine them for holding voting on a school day? F####ing ridiculous

You forgot to blame it on the EU… or migrants… or both!

I’m not clever enough to work out what will be best for my son.

For me the decision is based around, do I want to live in a more tolerant society where the poor have some protection and do I want to continue to be able to work in the field I am without having to move away from friends and family.

If Brexit win, it will be a win for right wing intolerance where its OK to blame brown people or johhny foreigner for the countries woes rather than taking responsibility for our own actions.

donald
    Free Member

Here’s some facts, or at least some undermining of speculation and bullshit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y[/video]

slowoldman

Yep, it’s easily as important as general elections

Far more important, because:

the result will last a longer time.

kayla1
    Free Member

I give a monkey’s but like others am tired of the name calling and negativity, man.

For what it’s worth, I’m in.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s some facts, or at least some undermining of speculation and bullshit.
    Well, it’s pretty obvious that the speculation and bullshit doesn’t come from that side of the argument. So I guess I’ve been correct in thinking speculation and bullshit is all the other side have…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’ll vote in, no-one has done anything to change my mind and I don’ think we should even have had the referendum in the first place.

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t give a monkey’s arse but I’m voting in, since there’s a very real chance that opting out would have a very real, very practical and potentially negative effect on me and my extended family who live on the Irish/N.Irish border.

mogrim

I care, but having been out of the UK for >15 years I don’t have a vote 🙁

Still, with a Spanish wife and Italian brother-in-law it’s pretty obvious I come from a pro-EU family, and most of them do have a vote 🙂

martinhutch

I don’ think we should even have had the referendum in the first place.

This is the biggest indictment of Cameron – just emerging from a global recession, he throws this as a bone to half his party and UKIP for political gain, risking a fragile economy because he was certain he could win at a stroll.

As it is, win or lose, he’ll be gone well inside his timetable, and his party and government fractured and limping on for the foreseeable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘does anyone not give a monkey's arse?’ is closed to new replies.