Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Does anyone make small pickups?
  • JCornford

Is there a modern day version of the VW Caddy pickup, no one seems to have made anything in this size for over 10 years, do you know of anything available in the UK?

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s it for?

househusband

I was thinking the same just the other day. I love the ‘ute’ so common in Australia.

wwaswas

one of these?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/dacia/logan-pick-up/

would have to be an import for now, though 🙁

luffy105
    Free Member

I thought they have stopped making the logan pickup? They were silly cheap in France a few years ago

trail_rat
    Free Member

because its a pointless vehicle – might as well get a small hitop van in uk – kangoo/combo/partner/berlingo.

even the caddy pick up was only any fun in the caddy sport guise 😀

L200 is even small – load bay is tiny.

avdave2

Looks like this guy has.

ivantate
    Free Member

Proton and Skoda.

johndoh
    Free Member
    househusband

one of these?

No, more like one of these… 😀

JCornford

Househusband, that would be my dream car!

trail_rat
    Free Member

see now thats not a pointless vehicle – nice size of bed and FAAAAST – rather have the falcon XR 6 version though

molgrips
    Free Member

What trail_rat said. The reason I ask what it’s for is that I can’t think of a situation where you’d need a small pickup instead of a van. Actually, it may be useful for moving sheep around if you had a cage..

trail_rat
    Free Member

you mean for moving A sheep around 😉 im pretty sure animal cruelty laws would prohibit any more in the back of that logan 😀

JCornford

It would be for Kayaks, kite surfing kit, a bike that sort of thing, I just don’t really want a van, that’s all.

iolo
    Free Member

The VW caddys of old were brilliant. It’s a shame they stopped making them

trail_rat
    Free Member

buy an estate and roofbars then

pickups like that have all the disavantages of a van (2 seats – poverty spec) with none of the advantages. (secure place to store things out of sight)

konabunny
    Free Member

Househusband – and a mere 20mpg!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I know of someone that does up Mk 1 Caddy pickups. He’ll make you a nice quick one with a 2.9 corrado VR6 engine in it if you ask nicely 😆 😆 😈

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had a couple of Mk1 Caddys. They were brilliant practical pick ups.

molgrips
    Free Member

you mean for moving A sheep around

Yeah, I’ve seen many a single sheep being moved around in a Hilux. I do wonder why. Maybe they are going to the vets, or out on the town clubbing.

To the OP – pickups are worse than vans for carrying stuff. Much smaller load area, worse to drive and worse on fuel. Just get a van or an estate!

transmute
    Free Member

I think the correct STW answer is a SWB Landy! 🙂
    I think you’d have to factor the cost of a collie into the bargain too as I think it’s the law.

cbike
    Free Member

New fiat Doblo

midlifecrashes
    slowoldgit
    Free Member

I saw a gas-axed Beemer once.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ye canny get a kayak in a wee pickup! Estate and roofbars as said previously, or a small van with roof bars (connect size)

kayak23

glasgowdan – Member
    Ye canny get a kayak in a wee pickup!

andrewh
    Free Member

How small do want to go?
    Does it have to be a VW?

Trail Rat my XR6

and

Soon to be discontinued by Ford Australia

iolo
    Free Member

I remember that Ford did a Sierra pickup. They were not so good.

ski
    Free Member

I would love one of these ;-O)

samuri
    Free Member

I was going to post one of those mini’s. They’re ace.

epicyclo

glasgowdan – Member
    Ye canny get a kayak in a wee pickup! Estate and roofbars as said previously, or a small van with roof bars (connect size)

Dunno about that. I used to transport my 19′ surfski on a Mini Moke. 🙂

somafunk

I’ve a mate with an original VW caddy pickup for sale, fully restored to concurs spec but fitted with a G40 supercharged polo engine putting out 210bhp, rather quick off the mark for something that weighs 800kg but i guess it’d be out of your price bracket, not really that practical for an everyday driver but a **** hoot to drive in the dry.

northernmatt

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The great Ozzy Ute, stupid and impractical, they look best with a roof box or bike rack on the tray.

all the hassle of a van with none of the practicality

backtothetop
    Free Member

I have a 2001 skoda felicia fun pick up complete with truckman top, convertible to 4 seater when required and ive had 4 people plus 4 bikes in it (wheels removed) they only come in yellow and getting rare (less then 350 left) very practical little van/pick up/ estate car! Often come up on ebay for 1-3k

righog
    Free Member

This one looks interesting.

CX Pick up

zokes
    Free Member

all the hassle of a van with none of the practicality

+1

They’re not even that quick, and in corners, forget it. Stupid vehicles for stupid people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make small pickups?’ is closed to new replies.