Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does anyone make an
  • andrewh
    Free Member

adapter to allow a 9mm Q/R hub to be used with 20mm forks? Need new forks and don’t want to buy new hub/wheel unless I really have to.

If no-one does make such contraption, why not?!

richmtb

No but convertable hubs do exist like the Hope Pro II

Deveron53
    Free Member

If the hole in your bearings is greater than 20mm, something may be possible. If not, no chance! (or if there is – pointless!) What hub have you got?

andrewh
    Free Member

It’s a 1998 Hope Suspension hub, currently got RST HI5s, which are useless, and looking for some Junior Ts. 9mm ones are rare as hen’s teeth but plenty of 20mm ones around.

Got a BULB on one of my other bikes which can be changed from 9mm to 20mm, but this is 6-bolt and the Suspension is the old 5-bolt so if I swapped wheels I’d need either a new rotor or brake caliper as the 6-bolt is 185mm and the 5-bolt is 203mm. Can’t swap brakes over either. Can’t win!

maccruiskeen

What century is this? Who’s the President? 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

My BULB’s up to date! That’s a 2004 model.
    Both brakes are Hope C2 Pros by the way…

And thankfully, unlike last century, Blair no longer thinks he’s president. (see thread on the monachy for why him thinking this was A Bad Thing)

Deveron53
    Free Member

Have you tried pulling the axle ends off? If it’s the hub I’m thinking of it uses 6001 2RS bearings which have 12mm bores – our survey said: uuuhh UUUUURH!

maccruiskeen

I haven’t seen the words “RST Hi5” and “which are useless” in the same sentence in an age. But then I haven’t seen the words “RST Hi5” in a sentence this century either.

andrewh
    Free Member

Not mine, but it’s very like this. Basically just trying to fit it into a 20mm fork somehow. How would I be able to do this if the bearings do have 12mm bores? The bearigs are 6001 (only the second set since I’ve had it)

theotherjonv

bite the bullet and get the fork and a new wheel too. Based on your past history you can amortize the cost over the next 20 years and it’ll work out pretty cheap 😉

andrewh
    Free Member

Problem solved. Just bought a Junior T with a 9mm axle, think it’s about a 2000/1 model (the one with the V-mounts). As it’s relatively new should be loads of life left in it! Big improvement over the Hi5s…

Next question, August bank hols, Dalby, Peaks or a long drive to Inners?

juiced
    Free Member

well done. Youll probably love the juniors.

andrewh
    Free Member

Very good so far, passed the ‘Garden Steps Test.’

For sale: Lovely set of RST Hi5s in red, mint condition, work like a dream, disc & V compatible and 180mm steerer. Well worth £100*

* Based on classifieds practice of optimistic pricing. Please note actual item may very from description.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone make an’ is closed to new replies.