Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does anyone know where this is?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s taken from a website hence why it looks like it does. Would be interested to know where in the UK it is (I assume it’s in the UK as it’s taken from a UK bike manufacturer’s website)

scotroutes

The climb up to the Lecht from Cockbridge

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you want to go there you better be quick. It’ll probably be closed due to snow any day now……..

fasthaggis

Only ever come down it .I need to go back and take it off the list. 🙂

Bruce

We cycled from Tomintal down Glen Avon and Glen Gairn and thought the road return would be trivial. I can still remember the sinking feeling when seeing that view.

scotroutes

It’s the bit at the very bottom of the climb that does me in. By the time I’ve reached the wee viewing stone I always reckon the worst of it is over.

globalti
    Free Member

No worse than Waddington Fell, shurely?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I can imagine that being a right sod if it’s windy. It’s pretty exposed.

scotroutes

Indeed. There’s a big wind-powered generator beside the ski centre. Thankfully, the prevailing wind tends to be in your favour.

big_scot_nanny

Used to drive that road (back road Aberdeen – Inverness) once or twice a week many years ago. Utterly fabuous driving, esp with The Who on the stereo.

Can get a bit blowy (and snowy – got stuck at the top more than once when chancing the quick route home).

Coming down that road towards the camera, once watched a caravan in front of me catch the wind as we came over the summit – a fierce gust dragged it and the car attached to sideways and obliterated it on the hillside to the right of the road in that photo.

Happy days! 🙂

big_scot_nanny

BTW – all occupants fine, if rather shaken up, and we all found my burned out Astra clutch hilarious as I towed them back onto the road.

Drac

Ah! I thought this was going to be about Love.

roper
    Free Member

Is it somewhere in Holland? 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know where this is?’ is closed to new replies.