• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Does anyone know when Tiagra hydraulic brakes are available.
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m desperate to get rid of the awful cable discs that came on my caad x so am keen to get something different as soon as possible. The tiagra ones look like the best bet but I can’t find any info on when they will be available? Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

Now, Madison have them in stock.

They come in flat mount only….

simondbarnes

You can buy the levers separately – £150 each – and add hoses/calipers if you don’t have a flat mount bike.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Is there no way to adapt the flat mount calipers?

simondbarnes

Is there no way to adapt the flat mount calipers?

No

wiggles
    Free Member

The 105 level ones are only £50 more and available in post mount. So makes it almost seem worth it to go 11 speed.

I’m probably going to hang on until my tiagra is worn out and just do a full swap.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Hmmm. Think I might just try some bb7s or trp spyres instead as it’s beginning to sound very expensive considering the bike is just my commuter.

wiggles
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with different cable disc set ups. There is the hy/Rd or v-twin options also.

kcr
    Free Member

I’d recommend Hy-Rds instead of BB7s if you are going down that route (based on using BB7s for many years of commuting)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know when Tiagra hydraulic brakes are available.’ is closed to new replies.