Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • does anyone know the diameter of those grolsh bottle washers?
  • racefaceec90

those flip top grolsh bottles with the pink washers. i need to buy a couple of them to use as straplocks for my guitar,but i do not drink anymore.was thinking of buying a couple of washers from my local ironmongers.thanks in advance 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

I just got a guitar strap locking system from ebay, work really well, you can get them for a few £’s.

The diameter is 9.75mm, just so you know 😯

racefaceec90

thanks kaesae.to be honest am probably going to buy some proper straplocks at some point (will get the guitar shop to glue the screws into my pine tele).how are your guitar endeavours coming along? 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Only just got my guitar earlier in the week.

Ended up with a Marshall MG30DFX amp and a 2004 Tokai USG90 MIJ guitar.

Basically I spend an hour each night sitting on my bed in a comfy possition familiarising myself with the guitars layout, light off and just feel my way around 😯

I find it relaxing and I enjoy doing it, looking forward to it tonight, the guitar is gorgeous and a total waste but I figure I deserve it 😉

racefaceec90

is that an sg type guitar? (not too familiar with tokai,but they are very well regarded guitars by those in the know 😀
    good purchase sir (it’s the law to have to put up a photo of your axe when you buy one 😉

you are a braver man than me to learn the notes (in the dark 😯 i have been trying to play on and off since 1993,and i still barely know my way around 😳
    definitely enjoy your new guitar/amp and have a look here for some beginner lessons http://www.justinguitar.com/ (i should take my own advice also 😳
    enjoy the journey (and gas = guitar acquisition syndrome 😉
    p.s i managed to buy 2 washing machine washers that seem to be the right size (total cost 50p)
    right i’ll shut up now 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

I can’t help, but I do know a couple of guys who might…

kaesae
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, not like a bros fan to share their prized photo’s, are you feeling OK?

Raceface sit somewhere comfy in the dark and just learn where all of the strings and frets are, go over them slowly and just relax.

I’ve been memorising where the strings are and also the distance between them, infact I’m still memorising them now, I’m also starting to memorise where the frets are from the top down. Playing about with different finger combinations and seeing how it feels.

A good foundation is simply how I see the best way to start, it’s interesting getting to know the guitar and judging by the fact that my neighbours are banging on the ceiling, they obviously enjoy it and want to join in 😆

emsz
    Free Member

You’re learning the guitar by feeling it in the dark?!?

Ok, whatever works for you!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello Emsz!

How am I supposed to learn?!?

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, not like a bros fan to share their prized photo’s, are you feeling OK?

Sometimes it’s just like looking in the mirror.

emsz
    Free Member

The best way is get a teacher. But there are loads of books and Internet site. Justinguitar springs to mind for the basics like the cowboy and power cords ( if you’re learning a leccy, that’s all you’ll ever need 😈 anyway)

Or get your self an acoustic and learn a proper instrument. He he 😆

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m just doing it to relax to be honest.

I got a couple of bits of literature through the post today, one is a chord chart with 120 chords, the other is “rock guitar for the absolute begginer”.

It stars a guy that looks more like he’d shag his own sock, than he loves to rock! but I don’t think they would except that as a reason to return it and I might learn something from it.

I feel like I should know exactly where all six strings are without looking, if I can’t pluck one string I can’t play a cord anyway, infact I believe that all 138 sounds the guitar can make, I should be able to get out of it.

As I said I’m more interested in relaxing than anything else, justinguitar I will definately check out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘does anyone know the diameter of those grolsh bottle washers?’ is closed to new replies.