Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • does anyone know Matt007? Classifieds query.
  • bobbyspangles

link to classified sale

having trouble contacting seller.

has anyone on here had experience with this fellow?

Thanks

neninja
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve either bought from him or sold something to him with no issues.

Look at his history – he’s been here since 2010 so hardly a fly by night seller.

wwaswas

Given his posting history I doubt he’ll even see this 😉

It is tricky but 5 days including a weekend isn’t *that* long to not have contact on a private sale.

Maybe he lives on Arran or something?

scaredypants

PPgift, by any chance ?

thejesmonddingo

You waited 2 days before opening a Paypal dispute,over a weekend,with large parts of the country without electricity ?
    Nice…..

sweepy
    Free Member

To be honest raising a paypal dispute after 5 days including a weekend would be a bit unreasonable in my view. Especially given the weather in some parts.

fasthaggis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzr12gBrXA8[/video]

wilko1999
    Free Member

Maybe raising the dispute was a little hasty, but to be fair to the the OP when you buy something (retailer or otherwise) you expect a certain level of service. Even if it’s a quick email to say the money has been received. It’s not difficult and no amount of snow can get in the way of common courtesy. Unless the internet is down obviously 😀

If I sell something I always let the buyer know I’ve received their money, give an idea of when I’ll post it etc. Not too much to ask is it?

Lifer
    Free Member

Did you get a reply to your first message, before you sent the money?

bobbyspangles

no replies.

decision made, if i had made the sale i would attempt to communicate with buyer.
    Not paypal gift, i paid the extra quite happily.

I dont think i am being unreasonable as it is not much to ask for a response especially as the item has been paid for.

simondbarnes

You sent money before any contact with the seller? Are you bonkers?

Lifer
    Free Member

He could be on holiday, if you sent the money before any contact from the seller I’m afraid it’s a mess of your own creating. As others have had no problem in the past fingers crossed he’s just busy and hasn’t logged in for a while.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Ready. Fire. Aim.

You can’t seem to help going off prematurely can you?

I’m sure when he’s set he’ll be refunding you as quick as he can and putting you on a block list.

bobbyspangles

as long as he gets in touch that is fine with me.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Given parts of the UK are without power, and have been hit by some pretty horrendous weather which may make normal methods of communication difficult, perhaps you should hang fire.

Also I NEVER send money until a sale has been agreed by the seller, which I cant see on the thread that he has, I think you’ve jumped the gun (unless there is other correspondance that we’re not privvy to?)

AND given that he’s pulled another classfieds seller up on something that is marked as SOLD on another forum HERE I would suggest that its unlikely he’s out to rob you and just has no comms at present.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

You sent him money before you’d even finalised the deal & you’re complaining because you haven’t got what you bought?
    What planet do you live on??

matt007
    Free Member

wwwwwwoooooaaawwwww, hang on a sec…..

Just logged on and seen this!!! A chance to explain and defend myself please!

Mr Bobbyspangles, just checked my paypal and rifled through my emails, so I can give you the story on this.

I dont know if you noticed, but you replied to an old ad for the items, I had placed a more recent post, so would not be checking for responses on the older thread. maybe my mistake not yours.

Coupled with the above, it looks like you just fired the paypal payment straight through, no covering email or anything, so I have completely missed it as it just looks like a general paypal email, of which I have many many in my inbox!. Also as I didnt think I had sold anything, not getting a latest thread response I wouldnt have checked…..

Everytime you pay for anything with paypal you get at least 3 emails, so I dont look at them unless I know I have agreed a sale etc with someone.

I have now seen the dispute case raised, it was more hasty than I would have raised one, but thats just me.

I can only appologise and offer to either refund you your £20, or get the items in the post tonight, the choice is yours?

granny_ring

Sorry Mr Spangles, think you’re a bit previous with this one.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’d personally give him the refund & refuse to deal with him, but that’s just me.

trambler

Blow out the torches, no visit to the castle tonight………..

br
    Free Member

and for £20…

wwaswas

Maybe the Mods could alter the thread title;

‘Anyone know bobbyspangles, trigger happy buyer’

patriotpro
    Free Member

😈

franksinatra

Waaay too hasty there 007 but all is well that ends well. Innocent mistake made, problem sorted. Now have a big man hug and everyone can be friends again.

Vortexracing

and bobbys response to this is………………………..

cooie

I recently bought a stem off Matt and it arrived within 2 days,so if you still want the items bobbyspangles, then you have no worries of them not turning up. HTH 🙂

franksinatra

and bobbys response to this is………………………..

A bit hasty asking for that, give him 5 days of so!

mildred

To play devil’s advocate here, and not doubting anything either the buyer or seller is saying but it’s worth noting that you have to raise a dispute fairly quickly otherwise it times out. I only know this because I lost £90 by giving the seller the benefit of the doubt. I followed all the eBay rules by contacting the seller and trying to negotiate with him to return the items (counterfeit Nintendo DS).

The seller was great – he promised a refund of all monies and an extra $15 for return postage – it just never came. By the time I realised he was playing it a bit cute I’d timed out.

Despite me being able to prove all communications and his promises, just because I hadn’t raised a dispute earlier, both Ebay & paypal simply refused all help.

Again, not aimed at either parties in this thread but worth noting for future reference. Unless you raise a dispute early on, you are NOT protected by PayPal. Their advice is that a dispute shouldn’t be considered a personal insult, but rather part of a transaction, nothing more.

Edit: also PayPal couldn’t give a shit what the weather is; if the dispute times out whatever the reason, they will not help.

fasthaggis

and bobbys response to this isshould be……………..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo[/video]

franksinatra

Also, Matt should have updated the original FS thread to say items were now listed on another.

Hey ho, it is not really that big a deal is it?

Vortexracing

A bit hasty asking for that, give him 5 days of so!

PMSL 😆

RoganJosh
    Free Member

bigjim

Maybe the Mods could alter the thread title;

‘Anyone know bobbyspangles, trigger happy buyer’

this

bobbyspangles

Thank you for the reply Matt.

Look forward to receiving the bits.

IHN

Matt should have updated the original FS thread to say items were now listed on another.

Give over, who does that?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Thank you for the reply Matt.

Look forward to receiving the bits.

Wow! Is that IT? You ask too much, and give too little. Those high expectations don’t reflect in your mirror do they!

wors

boobyspangles

bobbyspangles

I believe this matter is closed thank you.

ononeorange

Is it really closed what with that title still blaring out its message about Matt007?

wwaswas

I believe this matter is closed thank you.

You would though, wouldn’t you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘does anyone know Matt007? Classifieds query.’ is closed to new replies.