Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • Does anyone know Luminous lights ?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

If it then becomes second hand by what ever means, then it nullifies the warranty

I’m confused when did it become second hand?

Luminous
    Free Member

Northwind.

The battery was sent for a thorough, independent, investigation, during which the waterproofing seal was removed. Once the battery was opened up, corrosion was found, indicating water ingress had occurred.

A new battery was given to the OP at no cost to him. A point he consistently ignores and leaves out of his posts while complaining, although as many a poster on this thread has pointed out. Hes got his new battery, he has his charger waiting for him to collect.

All batteries are waterproofed before dispatch. The seal was broken, as the OP admits to drowning his battery ^^^.

WMB tested and remarked on the battery waterproofing.
    What else am I reasonably expected to do.
    That’s not a question. As I’ve come to see, reasonable has no place on this forum.

Bye.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Luminous, please take this as the friendly advice it is intended to be. I’m sure there are lots of happy users of your light which is great, but it’s how a business deals with unhappy customers that makes or breaks them. You might not think MTG is in the right (and to be honest I didn’t at the start of all this) but you’re only making it worse for yourself with your insistence on putting all the blame at his door.

Sort it out one-one-one with MTG (by phone if possible) and then no doubt he’ll be on here telling us what a nice chap you are after all and that we should all buy your lights.

xcgb
    Free Member

Funnily enough, no. But I reckon it’d be a scream. They say first impressions count. If you’re wearing a track suit and trainers, you’re guilty. Chavs only wear trainers and track suits so they can run away from the police etc, otherwise they’d dress like law abiding citizens.

Unless its a Mafia trial maybe !.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The battery was sent for a thorough, independent, investigation, during which the waterproofing seal was removed. Once the battery was opened up, corrosion was found, indicating water ingress had occurred.

Who removed the seal? The buyer or the seller?

Northwind

All batteries are waterproofed before dispatch. The seal was broken, as the OP admits to drowning his battery ^^^.

Hang on… This just sounds like you’re saying that the OP must have tampered with the battery because it leaked? What signs of tampering were there other than the leak?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I liked the bit where he said that the charger was used as a football 😆

irelanst
    Free Member

So the only way that water could get into the battery would be by the OP damaging the seal? It is absolutely impossible that the sealing was faulty, or the battery pack was assembled with moisture present, or there is a leak in the heatshrink or that the corrosion was due to other problems?

All batteries are waterproofed before dispatch.

And 100% leak tested?

The seal was broken, as the OP admits to drowning his battery ^^^.

You claim that all batteries are waterproof, and as mentioned show a video of one fully submerged on your website, how could the OP “drown his battery”

Luminous
    Free Member

This just sounds like you’re saying that the OP must have tampered

Well that’s not correct. Where have I ever said MTQG deliberately tampered with, or removed the seal ? I haven’t said that. What has happened is that MTQG has accidentally broken his battery while using it.
    Warranty doesn’t cover accidental damage by the user. But as a token of goodwill, I replaced the battery FoC.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Where have I ever said MTQG deliberately tampered with, or removed the seal ?

*so tempted to scurry off and find where this was said, but is confident someone will do it for me*

[EDIT] – Luminous, your next post should be along the lines of “I’ve spoken with Graham and agreed with him that this was all a silly misunderstanding. He now has a fully working set of lights, we’ve shaken hands and we can all move on”

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here you go still –

A little bit here –

directly behind the front wheel. The OP can not prove that he didn’t break the seal although he has a history of breaking his equipment

And a lot here –

Batteries are fine. Graham broke the seal, and placed the battery on the down tube, behind the front wheel , claiming some guff about CoG.

Can I just say I am on neither side but don’t like backtracking and lies.

I, however, would have been 100% happy with the new battery and charger.

nealglover
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter why the seal failed.

It was replaced free of charge and the problem was solved. [/b]

It would also appear that if the OP had checked his post before coming on here and complaining, he would have found that they had missed a delivery, and a card had been left.

So he actually had the fully working set of lights after all, and wasn’t “stuck with” anything as he suggested he was earlier.

Ringo
    Free Member

What Neal says, it seems to me luminous did the right thing, and if it had been me in Graham’s place I would have been very happy with the new battery and charger. This should not have been aired on a forum

stumpy01

Reminds me that I must send my Lumi battery off for some tlc. It needs some attention after 5 1/2 yrs…

Edit – erm, perhaps I should clarify. It’s Lumicycle, not Luminous.

And while I’m editing I should probably add that it seems a bit of 6 of one, half a dozen of the other….

Luminous perhaps could have communicated better, mtg should have checked his post a bit more thoroughly. And a brand new replacement battery is a great resolution to this, really – perhaps just a shame it became so messy.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Glad i used smudge for my light

bigjim

Can’t help but think that if this was in the US Luminous would be suing Midlands Laserquest race result wotsit for libel already.

qtip

I will never be dealing with Luminous in the future, not because of anything MTQG has said, but because of the attitude that Luminous himself has displayed here. He has persisted in avoiding the real issues in this thread, avoiding any direct questions, and instead gone for the mud-slinging approach. In addition, I wouldn’t want to deal with anyone that doesn’t have internet banking (even my nan has that), or a phone number on their website.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

it seems to me luminous did the right thing

The end result may be a fair one, but the way in which it has been handled started poorly (and had no place on a public forum) and proceeds to get considerably worse.

irelanst
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter why the seal failed.

I think it does when the manufacturer is claiming that it was the OP the damaged the item through misuse and only replaced it as a token of goodwill, if the battery wasn’t waterproof when supplied then it’s Luminous legal requirement to provide a replacement FOC.

It is also of interest to anyone considering buying the lights, if the sealing is not robust enough to survive being strapped to a downtube, what will happen in the inevitable bumps and scrapes that a bike experiences that constitutes normal use.

It would also appear that if the OP had checked his post before coming on here and complaining, he would have found that they had missed a delivery, and a card had been left.

The card is relating to a second, ongoing problem with a charger, not the battery.

nealglover
    Free Member

He has persisted in avoiding the real issues in this thread

No he hasn’t.

He’s replaced a faulty battery free of charge.
    He’s sent out the charger as he said he would.
    The OP has a fully working set of lights.

In addition, I wouldn’t want to deal with anyone that doesn’t have internet banking

What difference does that make to you ?

Do you check everyone you buy from has access to online banking ?

or do you normally just leave those type of decisions to the people who they actually concern.

I’ve run my own business for years and I never use Internet banking.
    If I needed to, or if it would benefit me in any way, then I would.
    But I manage perfectly well without it.

Luminous
    Free Member

What Neal says, it seems to me luminous did the right thing, and if it had been me in Graham’s place I would have been very happy with the new battery and charger.
    You’d have thought, huh !

This should not have been aired on a forum
    I’ve been discussing this with Mark, who is happy to allow the flaming to continue, regardless of the fact that the OP has his battery and his charger is waiting for him to collect. MTQG could have e-mailed me today, instead of posting here.

nealglover
    Free Member

The card is relating to a second, ongoing problem with a charger, not the battery.

I’m aware of that. Thanks.

So he does have a full set of working lights then.

It was claimed by the OP that he was “stuck with” a set of non functioning lights.

If he had checked his post, he would have found that was not the case. And all this crap could have been avoided.

Luminous
    Free Member

Neal.

Please e-mail me when you get the chance.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

I think everyone has said their piece now. Thread closed.

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know Luminous lights ?’ is closed to new replies.