Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Does anyone know James Baldwin on here?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Does anyone know James Baldwin on here? Username “jamesabaldwin”.

I’m trying to contact him but getting no reply from his profile email.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Paceman

Paceman
    Free Member

Thanks Rene59, I potentially have a similar problem 😳

Let’s wait and see,

Paceman

stevied
    Free Member

There appears to be a jamesabaldwin on PB: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/jamesabaldwin/
    No activity tho..

And a James Antony Baldwin, also from Birmingham, on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JBARMY

Paceman
    Free Member

That’ll be him I think, I doubt there are many Facebook users with his name who also follow Surly Bikes and Fat-Bike.com.

Hopefully i’ll have some luck via the Paypal Resolution Centre.

stevied
    Free Member

Let us know if he’s a scammer and we can let the nice people on PB know so he can’t do any scamming on there too..

scotroutes

FWIW, he last logged onto the UK fatbike forum on 3rd November.
    I assume you’re trying the jaymzosaurusrexAThotmailDOTcom email address?

Paceman
    Free Member

That’s the email address I have for James.

I last heard from him on 24th November.

Hopefully it’s just a misunderstanding.

Paceman

edlong
    Free Member

Interesting that there’s no resolution on those earlier threads – people happy to ask for help when its “O crap I might have been scammed does anyone know this guy?” but with no follow up, no one’s any the wiser as to whether he’s a scammer to avoid like the plague or just a bit tardy at posting things. Shame, that.

Paceman
    Free Member

Will keep you posted. As I say, hopefully a misunderstanding.

mmac
    Free Member

edlong – I originated one of those threads, fair point about not following it up. I eventually got the forks I’d paid for, but only after various excuses and delays.

Paceman – I’ll email you James Baldwin’s home address.

Paceman
    Free Member

Update:

I opened a Paypal Resolution Dispute 2 days ago and have still had no response from James despite this and two further messages to both his email addresses I now have. It seems from correspondence with other forum members that this is not the first time James has done this.

Next step is contacting the police with full details of the transaction and his name/address.

It is now three weeks since I paid for the items.

I’ll keep you posted to hopefully avoid this happening to anyone else in the future.

Paceman
    Free Member

I finally received the items today after 26 days of waiting and chasing. I got an apology email from James last night including a tracking number for the parcel. This is following the opening a Paypal dispute and threatening to hand over full details of the transaction and his address to the Police. He also included some extra components as a gesture of goodwill in the end so all has (eventually) ended well.

wwaswas

Glad you got the stuff Paceman.

It’s a shame when people abuse the trust inherent within the stw community the way that James seems to make a habit of.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know James Baldwin on here?’ is closed to new replies.