Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Does anyone know how to fix the thermostat on a woman?
  • binners

…. as the ones on the females I work with all appear to be malfunctioning. Apparently its freezing and the heating needs to go on. Though clearly its mid September, and really mild.

Does anyone know how I can sort the problem? Or maybe where I can get them all serviced?

GeForceJunky

This thread needs photos … so we can decide what is the best kind of ‘servicing’ you should be doing …

sandwicheater

Show them your excellent calf definition from all your cycling. I’m sure that will have them warmed up.

Jamie
    Free Member

…and what about those TV dinners, eh?

I’m here all week, tip the waitresses, and try the veal.

convert

They just need better lagging. This option is apparently rarely considered by the woman as a rational act.

chip
    Free Member

Getting the women at work to wear more clothes, mmmmmmm not sure about that.
    I think you should talk them into wearing less as by way of conditioning for the upcoming winter.

Then you can fantasise that it is your presence that is giving them goose bumps and they are actually pleased to see you.

jekkyl

Most devices benefit from a switch off and on again to reset. Have a look underneath and see if they have a switch, flick it a few times with your finger and see if that improves the situation.

GrahamS

This option is apparently rarely considered by the woman as BECAUSE it’s a rational act.

FTFY

TooTall
    Free Member

It’s your thermostat that’s not working properly. Obviously.

Are you new to this ‘woman’ thing? It’s your fault.

Bunnyhop

convert beat me to it.
    They need better lagging and you need to strip off 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

EDIT

binners

Bunnyhop – I’m already sat here in just my Speedo’s 😀

wwaswas

I’m already sat here in just my Speedo’s

You’ll get some sideways looks in Greggs at lunchtime.

[edit] Mr P – good edit.

fasthaggis
    munrobiker
    Free Member

Hmm, I dunno, 5 degrees this morning and I’m still chilly from my ride in to work.

My wife needs a dial like a radiator though- for some reason she emits heat around 400 degrees in bed then wonders why I want to get as far away from her as I can whilst still being on the mattress.

She has also had a truly baffling run with our windows- for the past 8 weeks she has left the windows open all day then complains that it is cold. I have tried shutting the windows, but she then opens again. Anyone got any tips for sorting this out?

anagallis_arvensis

**** windows, the amount of times they complain its cold and turn the heating on then you go upstairs to find all tge **** windows open!!@!

Bunnyhop

Bunnyhop – I’m already sat here in just my Speedo’s

Oooh Errr 😳

breatheeasy
    Free Member

She has also had a truly baffling run with our windows- for the past 8 weeks she has left the windows open all day then complains that it is cold. I have tried shutting the windows, but she then opens again. Anyone got any tips for sorting this out?

Snap! Apparently we need to air the house out. I suspect its more likely Mrs Breathe needs to pop outside and want to warm the whole of the world up first to avoid having to put her jumper on.

I did hide all the window lock keys once after securing them but i got the ‘look’. There was no extra lagging for a week after that…

unovolo
    Free Member

Me and missus took our youngest for a walk yesterday,
    me-tshirt,jogging bottoms and some Keen sandals.

Her-Jeans,vest,Jumper,Thick coat and winterboots.

And she was still complaining she was cold ,god help her when winter arrives.

Dobbo

There must be a good way to raise her core temperature.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

my missus thermostat has been broken for years, Quote’ im freezing here! (me)put a jumper on then ya Div! 5 mins Later, Quote, im Flipping roasting here, I’d best take this jumper off! 😆
    Love her tho (And she has big Bewbies 😉 so none of that really matters 8)

ninfan
    Free Member

Simple solution here on the wife thermostat issue

Move the gas bill so its paid out of her account rather than the joint one!

mudshark
    Free Member

My wife hasn’t mentioned the cold this Autumn but it really isn’t cold in Surrey yet – though when I left the house it was 8 degrees so a jumper for me.

Women feel cold before men due to lower blood flow near the skin I’m told – but not sure why heating is the answer and woolly jumpers aren’t – maybe it’s a fashion thing?!

Combine this with the inability to understand how thermostats work can result in overheated houses and big energy bills – apparently an interest in recycling and saving the environment doesn’t result in a desire to save energy.

Sui
    Free Member

Combine this with the inability to understand how thermostats work

+1 🙄

edit to add, got of the plan this morning at 01:00 from our weekend away in Rome – it were much chillier than when we took off! 8)

MrNice
    Free Member

but shurely turning the thermostat up to max makes the room warm up quicker just like setting the aircon to arctic makes it cool down quicker???? the world will be turned upside down if my method of just setting it to the temperature I actually want turns out to be right

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know how to fix the thermostat on a woman?’ is closed to new replies.