• This topic has 30 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Si.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Does anyone know exactly where this is (Peak district near Ladybower…)??
  • mcgoo
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

……..cba

mcgoo
    Free Member

Yeah thanks, thats really helpful.

scruzer
    Free Member

Yes I do but its a footpath so not telling you. MBR ran a feature on the peaks a year ago and featured this ‘trail’ to promote it. I emailed the Editor and got the right reply! The article writer got a ticking off so they say.

mcgoo
    Free Member

Jesus Christ…

crazy-legs

Yes I know exactly where it is and for the reasons given above, I’m not going to tell you.

I might show a mate provided it was a quiet weekday but I’m certainly not going to post it on the internet. Chances are at the moment it’s too muddy to be worth riding anyway.

maxtorque

Considering the vast and obvious landmarks clearly visible in most of that footage, i’m pretty sure an 8 yo, after about 5min on google maps could work out where that was………

mcgoo
    Free Member

ok ok… fair point. I’m well aware of why we shouldnt go around riding on footpaths willy nilly… Just looked a nice little bit of riding is all, could you tell me if all of it in the video is footpath or is any of it bridleway?

mcgoo
    Free Member

maxtorque You have just made me remember why i hardly bother with this forum any more. Sorry if my moronic question offends your massive intellect.

maxtorque

Apologies, i mean’t my comment as “tongue in cheek” rather than just offensive, which clearly didn’t come over very well, sorry!

twang
    Free Member

It is pretty obvious though if you CBA to compare the vid to an OS map…

mcgoo
    Free Member

No bother, thanks for replying. I think I know pretty much where it is but then when I look at the map I’m not sure if I actually do or not… Probably best to leave it for the walkers anyway.

mcgoo
    Free Member

Eureka…

hora
    Free Member

Are you going to go-pro it bro?

mcgoo
    Free Member

I’m not going anywhere near it. Its illegal.

james
    Free Member

“you tell me if all of it in the video is footpath or is any of it bridleway? “
    None of it is a public footpath
    Its on open access land, but that only applies to walkers

the last bit is legal on a bike, but is legally accessed by the other half its of length

The best bit is massively cut up as numpties have staightlined all the tight corners anyway. then the very last bit has been wrecked by groundwork for I think telegraph poles or something
    And then iirc* the traversy bits have been boggyied up by motorbikes
    *maybe im making this up, but I half remember it being right?

hora
    Free Member

So james is now hinting where it is by the need to show off his knowledge on that trail.

dannyh
    Free Member

Blimey. I’ve seen that trail in a different vid years ago, wondered where it was and then spent approx 30 seconds with an OS map to find it. It really isn’t that difficult!

Having said that, it is cheeky, there is quite a tasty drop to one side at one point, and the last bit has been scraped away by machinery.

It’s main virtue is that it doesn’t see as much traffic as the legal bridleway meaning it is less boggy and more singletrack like. Precisely the two things that will be lost if loads of people kick the arse out of it.

Proceed with caution. I have ridden it, but on balance I think discretion may be the better part of valour in this case.

Si
    Free Member

Actually it is bridleway….

dannyh
    Free Member

There is no right of way (other than ‘access land’) in that direction from that junction.

Not that this generally bothers me too much, but it would be wrong to mislead people who prefer to be 100% legit.

hora
    Free Member

Kick the ass out of it?

Chicken run it to death. If you cant ride it why even go down it I say. Similar with Cut throat.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes, by ‘kick the arse out of it’ I meant, basically, trashing it through overuse and ‘non-ethical’ line choice.

This sort of thing will become much more prevalent if DCC and the NT keep up their ‘get rid of mountain bikes by tarmaccing over the entire peak’ programme, though.

I honestly thought DCC in particular was one of the most cash-strapped councils in the country(?) How they can prioritise this sort of thing over more deserving causes is beyond me……….

dannyh
    Free Member

Aw sod it, just ignore me.

I’ve got the hump because I am missing my normal Wednesday evening night ride due to circumstances beyond my control!

daveh
    Free Member

Edge of insanity. Hardly the almost hidden singletrack it used to be. Shame.

dannyh
    Free Member

Also known as mono6ti by some……

Anyway, I’ve seen a bunch of ten to fifteen year olds in trainers, trackies and some full face helmets being ‘led’ up that way by two ‘adults’.

The days of ‘hidden’ are well and truly over.

hora
    Free Member

Shirley you mean ‘Hora’s singletrack’?

scruzer
    Free Member

Its only a Bridle Way from the bottom just beyond the telegraph pole or what ever it is when the rider steers left and down to the gate. Would like to see the maps some of you lot are referring to!

Pook

I’ve just ridden it. About half an hour ago. It’s been wrecked by straight liners and people who are scared of rocks.

bigdean

Thought there was no acualy path/ way marked on a map for that? For me yes its technical and a challange but you loose hard earned height to quickly.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

A few years ago it was great narrow twisty singletrack, now it’s knackered. The trail is on soft peat, and people riding off the edge of the singletrack have widened it out and straightened the corners. Lots of runs made by DH bikes off the sides too.

Really needs a bit of works to try and save it, but as said it’s not a ‘proper’ trail so doubt it will get any work done.

Massive increase in use after Dirt ran an article on it. Trail used to be hard to see when you were riding it, now can be sen from the other side of the valley.

Si
    Free Member

Go check Harvey’s maps….

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know exactly where this is (Peak district near Ladybower…)??’ is closed to new replies.