Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Does anyone know any good riding spots in and around the Grasmere/Ambleside?
  • domjohn123
    Free Member

Hi

Me and a mate are going up to the lakes in a couple of weeks time, were planning to stay in a one of the YHA's in Grasmere. As we are only there for a day and a half were looking at nothing very long, also he's got a Specialized Big Hit so going far is going to be a mission. Is there any where that you can think of that is more of a good mess around spot (i.e, techy downhill etc) we've got a few ideas, but just wondering anyone can add to that?. Thanks, all comments appreciated.

Dom

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

loads: map here

any of the bridleways really, but be sure not to miss the fp that climbs just south of the YH at High Close and drops towards Grasmere!

steveh

Yup I agree with SFB there's loads of good riding. The first time I went riding in the lakes we popped into biketreks to ask for ideas and walked out having bought 2 os maps with routes highlighted all over them. I go back once or twice a year now and still use them.

domjohn123
    Free Member

sounds good i'll have to investigate further :-), we rode some of the bridleways last year and they were great fun so we've got a couple of ideas 😉

stoney
    Free Member

If you drive 12 miles north and are there on a Tuesday night …then you can join the Keswick Bikers!!!!! Or even a weekend there is usually something going on!

LMK!!!

We do Techy BTW 😛

domjohn123
    Free Member

Thanx stoney, we haven't quite finalised are plans, ive just got one of the new ragley blue pigs so that sould be a good laugh 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know any good riding spots in and around the Grasmere/Ambleside?’ is closed to new replies.