• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Does anyone in Greece or knows of any trouble happening at the moment…
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Apart from the recent riots.

Kefalonia specifically?

MoreCashThanDash

Problems with illegal immigrants coming over on the news in recent weeks?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They’re having a bit of bother with their economy.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Nah I meant trouble from locals or any other crisis.

hora
    Free Member

Whereabouts in Kefalonia? Nice place 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

You’ll be safe as long as you aren’t a tax inspector..

bearnecessities

..or a goat.

woody21
    Free Member

…or German

grizedaleforest

Have a look on Tripadvisor for the latest news Tripadvisor Cephalonia. In brief, there don’t seem to be any real issues in the tourist areas.

Andy-R

There’ll be no trouble, if by “trouble” you mean “streets on fire and riots” type trouble. I’ve just come back from ten weeks in Platsa, Messinia and the only trouble I had was the same as everyone else had, namely getting money from my bank account, due to bank closures and then withdrawal limits (currently €420 per week). I don’t think that this applies to withdrawals on a non-Greek account though.
    Best bet is just take cash with you – incidentally, it wouldn’t make any difference being German, I know plenty of Germans living in Greece and no one treats them any differently.

I haven’t been to Kefalonia for 10 years, I keep meaning to pop over from Kilini to Poros for a few days to see a few old friends but never seem to actually do it. Maybe this autumn.

DrJ

…or German

I know that was a joke but it’s actually quite unfair – Greeks are not like that.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/21/german-tourists-greece-thessaloniki

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It was a little bit hot in Greece last week when we were there and even the Greeks were sweating a bit

hora
    Free Member

TBH Germans are simply awesome on holiday. You couldn’t meet nicer people. Before you even talk to them you feel at ease. So I’m not surprised they aren’t treated badly. Plus they are there spending money.

Never met an unfriendly one either.

The ‘cover the sunbeds first’ myth is dull too.

Northwind

They’ve just been conquered by a hostile power but apart from that it all seems fine

zippykona

Not sure if Hora is being sarcastic. I’ve had 2 encountera with Germans in Greece that made me feel otherwise.
    Let’s just say they enjoy animal cruelty and don’t know how to queue for a pint.
    Fists were very nearly involved.

hora
    Free Member

Not sure if Hora is being sarcastic

What about all my post would lead you to think that?

In addition you seem to be basing your viewpoint of a nation on two people?

Nico
    Free Member

I was in Greece last week – on Samos. I took more than enough cash so didn’t need to use a cashpoint but was told that they are all working and dispensing. Other than that it was business as usual and everybody was great. Eating out was reasonable too. Most of the other tourists were Dutch, but yes, Germans do do the sunbed towels thing but this is more in those big hotel complexes with a pool where people set up camp for the day.

Wish I was back there.

hora
    Free Member

I think Brits/Germans are similar in a lot of ways.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

In Sivota at the moment. It’s really, really hot. Ridiculously hot in fact. Other than than no problems.

iolo
    Free Member

A small minority alway mess it up for genuinely nice people. Doesn’t matter where they’re from.
    England, Germany, USA, wherever. I’ve met arseholes and also met genuinely nice people on holiday.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone in Greece or knows of any trouble happening at the moment…’ is closed to new replies.