Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Does anyone here know Iridebikes? He has my money and I have no forks.
  • beaker

It saddens me to do this but it’s ten days since he got £130 of my money and I have not received the suspension forks that he was selling. I’ve paid via PayPal (not gift) and I’m in the middle of the dispute process. He was very quick to answer my emails but comms went dead once I’d paid him on the 24th of April. I emailed three times last week asking when they were coming, or to provide tracking info and got no reply. Only when I raised a dispute with PayPal did I get an email on Friday 25th saying that the forks were posted the day before and should be with me on Monday. Bearing in mind it was a bank holiday I did not get them yesterday or today and can only conclude they will not be coming.

It appears that he is a regular contributor on STW so this surprised me. I have given him the benefit of the doubt and understand life gets in the way but it takes nothing email a quick one liner explaining. I’ve had nothing from him and can only conclude he is a fraud and a scammer.

If any of you out there know him can you please contact him and let me know what’s going on. I’ve brought and sold on here for a long time with no issues I guess my luck has run out.

teamslug
    Free Member

Pulls up chair, kettle on and biscuits at the ready.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Sets up pitchfork stall.*

beaker

I’ll have tea with milk and some wheat free chocolate cookies and couple of pitchforks please! I need the forks so I can get my frame built up. It’s Mayhem next month and I’ve not got a bike to ride yet.

funkrodent

Lets keep this one high in the rankings. That packet of hobnobs ain’t going to eat itself..

duckman

I will take two cap’t; PayPal gift OK?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cash only. Don’t trust you.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d say he needs to pwned with a set of

but it appears that, in essence, is the problem.

teamslug
    Free Member

Kettle’s boiled, sugar and milk everyone?

beaker

Crashtestmonkey…. They were Manitou forks not Marzocchis. Owning him with Tower Pros doesn’t have the same ring to it?

wiggles
    Free Member

So he “finally” replied on the 25th after 3 emails and you only paid on the 24th?

Obviously I don’t know what he is up to but does seem to be jumping the gun a bit. I’ve sometimes been too busy at work to nip to the post office and had to wait a few days to post stuff out to people, but I try to let them know.

teamslug
    Free Member

Wiggles…don’t come on here with a rational statement like that, you’ll kill the thread dead and it’s not even got warmed up yet.

beaker

Apologies Wiggles that’s a mistake. I paid him on Sunday 24th after he said he’d get them posted the next day. I had nothing from him until the Friday after I opened a PayPal dispute.

Ninja edit- I emailed him on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and got no replies.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

tip; it’t not a ninja edit if you tell us you’ve done it 😉

You weren’t expecting serious, helpful replies were you? 😆 I wouldn’t be fretting just yet, it’s the week of a bank holiday and you have PP on your side.

slimjim78
    Free Member

So weird, only yesterday did I receive a set of manitous in the post. I didn’t even order them!

beaker

@Crashtest- If he had emailed me and said there’s a problem and can’t get them posted I wouldn’t have written this thread. Before I paid we emailed a fair bit and he replied very quickly. To go quiet once paid on Sunday and not reply to any emails in the four days after and only email me a one liner on Friday once I escalated to PayPal is poor form. I’ve given him a couple of days after the bank holiday to compensate. I just don’t think im going to get them.

Ps Didn’t think I’d get any helpful replies at all, this is STW after all…..

yossarian
    Free Member

I just don’t think im going to get them.

We’ll be the judge of that thank you very much!

scaredypants

<bump>
    So, did this fork ever arrive. Seems to have been ages
    Just a spot of milk for me please, and a matching pair of pitchforks. No biscuits thanks; i’m on a diet

beaker

Just found this thread…. Could it be the same person? Linky

I should add I’ve been dealing with an Andrew Bourne.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If he’s anything like his brother, Jason I’d be wary

scaredypants

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/does-anyone-know-iridebikes-andy
    hmmmm, sounds more disorganised than bent – but not really learning from experience

coomber
    Free Member

beaker – Member
    Just found this thread…. Could it be the same person? Linky

I should add I’ve been dealing with an Andrew Bourne.

thestabiliser – Member
    If he’s anything like his brother, Jason I’d be wary

Funniest, least helpful reply ever!

beaker

Coomber, that went completely over my head for a while. Felt like a complete biff when I got it.

Yak

well dodge

bigyinn
    Free Member

OP, well done on finding the bike forum. 😉

stevied
    Free Member

One Bourne every minute..

M6TTF
    Free Member

id give him an ultimatum…

Yak

yes, especially as you now know his identity….

legend
    Free Member

he’s created quite a legacy for himself

(I hate myself right now)

beaker

Do I need to give him an ultimatum?

otsdr
    Free Member

Only if you want to impose your supremacy.

martinhutch

Do want him in a body-bag by sundown?

The STW searchmob in action:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wFfDzxeHlw[/video]

philxx1975
    Free Member

A bit OT but has anyone noticed how jason bourne is in every film Matt Damon is in.

beaker

So a quick update… I had an email from Andy this morning promising to send me tracking details. Nothing received yet and I’ve even emailed him reminding him that he’s supposed to be sending me said details.

Where are my forks Andy?

mattyfez

Just be mindful you don’t leave it to long to do a PayPal refund, no point messing about with people like that.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone here know Iridebikes? He has my money and I have no forks.’ is closed to new replies.