Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Does anyone have the On One Carbon Monocoque Fork?
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I’m currently using their CroMo fork and I absolutely love it! I’m tempted by the Carbon Monocoque because I’ll lose about 500grams off the weight. My big worry is how flexy it will be- the reason why I like the CroMo forks so much is how stiff they are. Does anyone have any experience of both? What do people think?

shermer75
    Free Member

Ber-bump

shermer75
    Free Member

Blimey! So no one has one?! In a way, if they are that unpopular, it answers my question anyway…

slowjo
    Free Member

I had one…..but never fitted it. Sold it to some German chap off here. He emailed me back and said it was wonderful.

I guess they are stiffer than the old skool style carbon fork. I am running some of these on my Swift and love them to bits.

Not sure if that is any help.

If you are fitting them to a 29er, the general opinion seems to be that they are a bit low (a to c). I’d have thought they’d be fine for a 26 inch wheel but that’s an assumption only.

avdave2

Review here might be of interest.

Toasty

That looks like the Race ones, which came with the Race frames. Pretty sure those ones were different to the ones they released at the same time as the Lurcher.

Could be wrong.

Rubbish choice of decent carbon rigid forks for mountain bikes. After a tapered set, there’s On-One, Pro (for £300 odd), Kinesis (with too long legs for me), Niner (which don’t actually seem to be selling from anywhere this year?) or not a lot else.

Loads of random brands doing non-tapered jobbies, Ritchey, Synchros etc.

avdave2

You might be right Toasty, I’d always thought they were more than £150 but couldn’t see a separate listing on the on one website for the race. Mind you finding anything that makes sense on their site is a bit hit and miss.

ratherbeintobago

Salsa are launching one (Firestarter) but details are a bit sketchy at this juncture.

Niner (which don’t actually seem to be selling from anywhere this year?)

Stif have the (frantically expensive) Niner TA fork in orange.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks- it’s a straight steerer that I’m after!
    The a to c would be fine- currently running 440mm with a 29er wheel and it definitely works for me.
    I’ve read that review- thanks avdave2! It looks like the race is the same fork, although the offset is slightly different. It does seem to be the only review though…

Toasty

Stif have the (frantically expensive) Niner TA fork in orange.

Yeah, they used to stock loads, so did Charlie. I wonder if there’s supplier issues.

The race fork looks the same, as far as I know it was made in a more expensive factory. Same with the Race frame, which was quite a bit lighter than a Lurcher.

What frame is it out of curiosity? 440mm is quite short for a 29er rigid fork. Making a 69er?

itstig

Got one set unused still in the box in our spare room I can’t think what to do with them!

avdave2

440mm is quite short for a 29er rigid fork. Making a 69er?

That’s exactly what I have with a Pace RC31 and I find it handles really well, in fact if I were getting a custom frame made I’d get a rigid 29er based on the geometry of my experimental 69er.

shermer75
    Free Member

Toasty- yep, 69er! It’s an Inbred frame….

shermer75
    Free Member

Itstig- thinking about selling it?

(My email’s in my profile, message me if you’re up for it)

shermer75
    Free Member

abdave2- looks like we’ve both got a similar thing going on with that one!! 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

for what its worth I had an original steel fork and still use the original carbon

steel was very difficult to get on with, carbons are ace

feisty
    Free Member

Charlie got me a Niner RDO fork in about a week and it is glorious and scary light 🙂

avdave2

Never look down when applying the front brake with a carbon fork. 🙂

Daffy

I’ve got a set of straight steerer Niner Carbon in black if you’re interested? Fire me a mail if you are.

superhondaman
    Free Member

Itstig are you selling the on one fork? Interested if so. E mail in profile

akira

I’ve got one, love it. Nice and light, it does flex under breaking a bit but you don’t notice when riding. Huge clearance for a Chunky Monkey.

thedude
    Free Member

It would be great if they made a 15 mm version.

spidersexual
    Free Member

X lite do a 15mm version in two lengths.

I am lucky to have the niner rdo fitted to a dirtyharry frame and they are perfect combo.

Niner is far superior to the xlite in stiffness, lightness And. Comfortableness 😉

You really do get what you pay for with the niner rdo,

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have the On One Carbon Monocoque Fork?’ is closed to new replies.