Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does anyone have the issue of STW which tested the Tracer VP, Yeti 575 etc etc?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hi

I'm getting closer to making a decision about which traily / all-mountain (ish) bikes to get a bounce on.

However, I was wondering if anyone has the review from STW at all?

Can anyone give me the jist of things (or is it gist)??

many thanks

DezB
    Free Member

They said they were both great bikes, differed in the Yeti being nicer for long days out, the SC more of a "technical tool" and great on the nasty stuff.
    Either will do what the other bike does but not with such focussed clarity (apparently).

Issue 44 with Darcy Turenne on the cover.

DezB
    Free Member

ps; it's gist.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ooh ta

Don't suppose you know what they said about tracer Vs Blur LT ??

Thanks 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don't think the VP and Blur went head to head; it was the 575 that stood against it.

backhander
    Free Member

Was that the review where they had to get Yeti to supply a replacement alu rear tri for the yeti as the carbon was so flexy? I can't believe it didn't get marked down for that.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope that was the boutique bike test in MBR, they basically slated the bike saying it was too flexy and basically rubbish with the carbon rear end.

backhander
    Free Member

Ah, sorry about that. They still gave it a good score though didn't they?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok so was it the tracer vs 575 then?

Any idea on how the tracer did in general?

There seems to be surprisingly few reviews around tbh…

Ta

anthonyb
    Free Member

No ST reviewed the 575 and the LT2 in the same months edition, the Tracer was reviewed in the separate 'american import' review against the Elsworth etc. They liked it alot (it won the review) and was voted as one of there favourite hard hitting trail bikes if I remember rightly

localhero94
    Free Member

RRR ygm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have the issue of STW which tested the Tracer VP, Yeti 575 etc etc?’ is closed to new replies.