Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Does anyone have FatCyclist's email address? Or Lance Armstrongs, actually…?
  • bullheart
    Free Member

I've emailed Elden (FatCyclist) on what I think is his email address (eldennelson@hotmail.com), but because of my techno-spack nature I can't set Outlook to default on my work computer. Can someone tell me if its correct?

I've tried Lance Armstrong too, but I'm not sure how that'll go. I'm hoping to get the two of them to come over and take part in a Cancer charity race at Dalby later in the year. Although I'm yet to ask the FC. Or St Johns Ambulance. Or anyone else, actually…

Slightly ambitious I accept, but nothing ventured…

Would folk be up for a race around Dalby red route? Is it the right location? Would you get sponsored for it? I'm thinking of calling it 'The Sarcoma-Roamer'. Catchy eh?

aP
    Free Member

What budget have you got?
    You'd be better off contancting lala's agent.

warton
    Free Member

when are you planning it for?

FuzzyWuzzy

Not during July I hope :p

geoffj

Fatty is fatty@fatcyclist.com

TooTall
    Free Member

If you go to someone like that with something so vague, you'll get gaffed off. With the best will in the world, why would someone say yes to an unsolicited e-mail from a foreign country inviting them to a race (at their cost) that has no provenance, no sponsors, no pre-arranged press, no location, no date and no entrants?

I REALLY don't want to put you off such a worthwhile venture, but you need to get lots of other ducks in a row before you even tell people you have an event.

grynch
    Free Member

check out

[url=http://www.livestrong.com/forums

the moderators at the forum there… I know at least one, and pretty sure serveral, work directly at his foundation. That is still a couple of steps away from getting in touch directly but they can certainly put you on the right road ( so to speak )

bullheart
    Free Member

TooTall – understood entirely…

The emaii sent to them was more about ideas as to raising money, with a view to inviting them when all things had been put into place. I sent them the link to my cancer post on here, documenting the last six months and the support from all the STW folk. There is nothing concrete yet; in fact, just setting up the charitble foundation is turning out to be a bit of a mission! You're right though – I don't think I'd respond to such an email.

Maybe my flippant and jovial post was misleading.

There are two previous posts from me; one about the diagnosis and one about what I intend to do about it. Feel free to look at them ,and with luck it'll demonstrate why I don't regard trying to get the two of them on board as being 'the biggest challenge'…

grueller
    Free Member

The sarcoma roamer has a catchy ring maybe you could expand it into the tour de tumour? I've followed your original postings and it spurs me on in my marathon training (running for macmillan). If you need anything doing design wise or general haranging via email let me know. Bit far from Dalby but over t'internet anything's possible. Best of luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have FatCyclist's email address? Or Lance Armstrongs, actually…?’ is closed to new replies.