• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Does anyone have any real world experience of Bioethanol stoves?
  • kevj
    Free Member

I’m looking for advice for fuel consumption/ costs for Biofuel stoves? I have a garden office which I want to ilace a stove in for working during the colder months. It’s not huge and I suspect even a small 3.5kW log burning stove would be over kill plus I’d need to seal the flue through the roof, which is possibly a future leak point.

Looking as a Bioethanol stove as an alternative as these don’t require and flue and will provide instant on /off heat as required.

Fuel costs vary and so do consumption figures, so it’s difficult to gauge how much it will costt to run.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

zip
    Free Member

I’ve got one in the lounge of a Victorian semi. We only usually use it in the evening occasionally during winter. The room is about 4.5m x 3.5m and 1/2 litre of the liquid fuel keeps the room toasty for about 3 hours before it goes out. It is supposed to be odourless but there is a faint pleasant smell.

kevj
    Free Member

Zip, are you paying around £2.60 a litre?

zip
    Free Member

Yes, I buy 12 litres at a time for about £30. Because it’s only occasional use, this lasts about a year. Not sure if it’s viable for daily use. Remember, if you do get one don’t fill it up if your planning on having it on/off as it will evaporate. I think its great, and it kicks out a fair bit of heat for something quite small as there is less loss through the blocked flue. The flame looks good too.

kevj
    Free Member

I only use the office maybe three or four times a week for anywhere between three and seven hours, so I liked the idea of having something that requires less maintenance than a log burner.

Thanks for the advice about the fuel evaporating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have any real world experience of Bioethanol stoves?’ is closed to new replies.