• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does anyone have a Commencal Meta am v4…
  • riklegge

…that would be willing to let me have a quick ride? Size would need to be small, possibly medium at a push.

I’m based near Huddersfield but am happy to travel a bit.

Thanks in advance.

barffy
    Free Member

I have one but I don’t have any rides planned on it for a few weeks as the next few club rides are more suited to my hardtail in places that wouldn’t really test a short travel FS let alone an AM bike. I also live 2 and a half hours away.

What build are you looking at? Only done one ride on mine so far but I’m liking it!

riklegge

Not sure on the build (or even bike) yet.

It seems to tick a lot of boxes; reasonably light, low standover, good geometry etc.

I’m trying to narrow my options and get a test ride on some, so far my favourites are the Meta or the Spitfire but it seems difficult or impossible to demo a Commencal.

As for build; either Pike or Marz forks, 1x gears, dropper etc.

Out of interest where are you based?

barffy
    Free Member

Midlands mate. I had a lot of good quality parts on my old bike, so I had the origin LTD edition and swapped the x fusion (which is actually a great shock) for my RP23 Kashima, the brakes for Hope Tech 3 V2’s, the bars and stem for my Renthal ones and fitted my XT Mech and shifter just because they are I spec and mate to the brakes. I also shoved my Reverb on for good measure.

Here’s a vid, you will have to look out for me, obviously bright yellow bike but I have the orange bag and helmet.

It rides really well, very smooth and I climbed the Wrekin twice on it Sunday so I can say it climbs well!

riklegge

Nice one, thanks.

riklegge

How about anyone in the evening crowd?

riklegge

No-one?

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

If you can wait a bit I will have a medium in about a month, which is about the time it will take me to get a few more bits and build it up, dial it in etc. I’m in the Holme Valley. Have a Lake District trip to fit in as well.

riklegge

Mrtrotter that would be great,thanks.

hora
    Free Member

What shock size is it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have a Commencal Meta am v4…’ is closed to new replies.