Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Does anyone have a 30.9 dropper that i could borrow for a week or so?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Whilst mine is being repaired? Beer tokens provided. Needs to be longer than 350mm in length!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bump

sprocker
    Free Member

how many beer tokens? and you would have to pick it up from me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

could you post it if i give you some cash? How much do you want?

sprocker
    Free Member

I will check its my mates who is injured so he does not need it at the minute

Pook

surely you can cope for a week!!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i can but would rather not, i could even road bike for two weeks but would rather mtb with a dropper

sprocker
    Free Member

Sorry mate have not got hold of him yet, will keep trying. I am riding Thursday night matlock way so maybe able to sort something then

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thursday would be ace

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any joy?

sprocker
    Free Member

sorted it Rob, I will be in Ashford on Thursday night. Riding from the sports club car park at 6.30. In the pub on the corner (can’t remember the name) at 9 30 ish.

loddrik
    Free Member

surely you can cope for a week!!!

This, most definitely this!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cool – will pop down at 9:30 – you are a gem 🙂 What does he want as “loan fee”?

Loddrik – i can cope of course, but why should i if someone will loan me one? Its like saying yes you can still ride your bike with a slick tyre in the mud, i could but it wouldn’t be as enjoyable!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

its nothing like that at all
    MTFU – yes I have one

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ah well bollox to you all except sprocker – i have one to use and will enjoy riding with people who have them rather than stopping to put my seat up and down. Happy FLAT UNINSPIRING trails lads!

loddrik
    Free Member

😕

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Do you want it more simple lodrik? You appear confused

br
    Free Member

What does he want as “loan fee”?

To return it in the same condition as it was lent would be a good start? 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Lol. Plus beer

tpbiker
    Free Member

Anyone got a downhill bike I can borrow for my upcoming visit to fortwilliam?

I do have a 6 inch full bouncer which would do, but would certainly enjoy it more on someone elses hard earned bike….

(especially if I crash)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

tpbiker – whats your point, i bend it i mend now **** off and go do something else

singlespeedstu

Someone needs a hug. 😆

tpbiker
    Free Member

now **** off and go do something else

😯

Calm down fella, just pulling your leg! If someone is prepared to loan an expensive piece of kit to a random off here then good on them.

Wouldn’t do it myself, but clearly some would.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

They’re really not that necessary imo. No intentions of putting one on my mojo HD.

sprocker
    Free Member

I don’t mind rob is not a random to me hence the loan !

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Cheers Rob – lots of people with not a lot useful to say as usual on here 🙂 Dirk puma – anyone ask that?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Nope, just gettin my 2 cents in there.

bearnecessities

Rob, fwiw I think you’re doing a great job of quashing the haters 😀

Lovely to see some genuine old school loaning going on.

Enjoy your dropper post, ime those that don’t get them (including me) don’t ride enough gnarr to understand the need, or are just jealous they can’t ride enough gnarr to justify 😀

Edit: 20 years ago when I was launching down vertical drops I’d have loved one, instead of bailing or ending up with a saddle up my nostril.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

LOL

gears_suck
    Free Member

Hey! If you ask and you receive…..all good for you. Enjoy.
    But a little risky loaning someone’s kit. I once had a geezer standing by the trail with a girl ask me if he could have a go on my bike. “Sure”, I said. “If I can have a go on your misses while your away”.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

If you’ve short legs I can see how it’d help.

DezB
    Free Member

bollox to you all

+1 😀

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m interested to know how you get on with one of these dropper posts? When you make it drop, by how much does it drop? It sounds like a great idea to me.

sprocker
    Free Member

gears_suck 😀

mickolas
    Free Member

Given that only one person actually offered you a loan, I am surprised by the number of posters this (apparently quite straight-forward) thread has had. I wonder if anyone will post something pointless just to see it bumped and maybe get more…..

Ambrose

Bump

robhughes
    Free Member

Guy borrows another guys bit of kit shocker…Just what has the world come to.. 😉

bearnecessities

It’s lovely and sunny today.

crush83
    Free Member

I wonder if anyone will post something pointless just to see it bumped and maybe get more…..

Drainpipe badger spoons

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone have a 30.9 dropper that i could borrow for a week or so?’ is closed to new replies.