Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Does anyone ever follow up those viral road rage & near miss videos ?
  • Forest Of Dean caravans is the most recent.
    Did they really sack the driver ?
    It’s not that easy to sack someone over a single incident is it ? Shouldn’t it be two verbal and a written warning first ? Although I guess something considered Gross Misconduct would overrule that.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more a case of “We’ll tell everyone you’ve been sacked, just lie low and try not to run anyone over for a couple of weeks at least”.
    Did FoD Caravans advertise for a new driver shortly afterwards ?

White Audi passenger and the ASL in London was another one. Was he ever traced ?

There have been countless others.
    Each one a multi page thread of outrage, then they just sort of fade away.
    Does anything ever happen ?

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s not that easy to sack someone over a single incident is it ? Shouldn’t it be two verbal and a written warning first ? Although I guess something considered Gross Misconduct would overrule that.

You can pretty much sack anyone at any time for anything you want; whether it’s legal is a different matter. I’d imagine a professional driver will have something about safe driving in their contract and that pass is so far from safe driving you could make a pretty good go for gross misconduct and have them out in one go.

But was there a prosecution ?
    Is video evidence enough to prove gross misconduct on it’s own ?
    That’s why I wondered if anyone follows them up.

D0NK

http://road.cc/content/news/113535-caravan-firm-sacks-driver-who-was-filmed-overtaking-cyclist-inches-spare-video

Driver was sacked, gotta wait for police/cps action which ime takes a fricking age, reminds me should check on progress of my latest, NFA no doubt.

You do get updates sometimes, Emma way for example.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone ever follow up those viral road rage & near miss videos ?’ is closed to new replies.