Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Does anyone else watch episodes on bbc2
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I find it funny, but was mightily surprised at the use of the c word on the beeb!! 😯

wallop

That last scene was very funny indeed….

Pook

the wine cork squeaking had me chuckling tonight

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Been really good since it started

boblo
    Free Member

Very funny and very well written. That and Not Going Out, my fav telly shows.

spacemonkey

Tamsin’s line at the end of the first or second show (when pulling up in the car and greeting the security guy) was one of the funniest in a long time.

All in all a pretty good show.

spacemonkey

Not Going Out

Each to their own, but IMO that is a truly awful non-comedy. Nothing remotely amusing about it at all. Tis the male equivalent of Miranda.

dogbert
    Free Member

Not Going Out is one of these comedies trying to re-capture the heydays of Fawlty Towers and Dad’s Army. Unfortunately sitcoms these days are truly unfunny due to bad writers.

That being said I really love Not Going Out and watched last weeks episode last night……had me in stitches

IanMunro
    Free Member

Bugger, forgot it was on last night.
    Episodes certainly must be up for an award for best and most liberal use of the C word.
    Not going out is one of those shows that I don’t really want to like, but find myself laughing enough that I can’t switch off.

boblo
    Free Member

@IanMunro. Fear ye not, it’s on iplayer. Not Going Out is more like the Lee Mack show and I like Lee Mack. Agreed, sitcoms these days are pretty weak, must be due to us all being soooo sophisticated now 🙂

Good news! I was given ‘The Good Life’ boxed set for Christmas so I can finally track down ‘that scene’ when Barbara’s right nork escapes on camera (cue pervy grunty noises)…

roger_mellie

Yes, I do. Its rather good. The end scene last night was a bit unnecessary though.

Had moderately high hopes for Outcasts which was on before it – what a pile of tosh that turned out to be.

BigJohn

The end scene last night was a bit unnecessary though

But if you remember episode 1 scene 1 it was referenced then.

BigJohn

‘that scene’

You mean “the good life-nip slip” on Youtube?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That last scene was very funny indeed….

+1

I’m kinda glad mrs deadly was in bed when it happened – imagine if any parents were around though 😯

boblo
    Free Member

@deadlydarcy… Yeah it’d bring back memories of the time yer Mum caught you having a choke when you were 15 🙂

Blackhound

Enjoying Episodes, amusing rather than rofl. Suspect background story may be more true to life than we think though

kimbers

missed it last night enjoyed tamsin greigs rant to the security guard

boblo
    Free Member

The Matt LeBlanc ‘mime’ last night did make me ROFL. Well, I was on the floor anyway and I did laugh 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

what was the last scene?

oh now i remember! Not so much funny

BigJohn

Bloody funny – and made even better by humming the Inspector Gadget tune along to the theme. It fits perfectly.

“It really was a semi”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

enjoyed tamsin greigs rant to the security guard

That was truly sublime. A class bit of swearing. And in one take too. Up there with Don Logan in ‘Sexy Beast’. Simply brilliant.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else watch episodes on bbc2’ is closed to new replies.