Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Does anyone else live in a bloomin' (biking) mess???
  • cinnamon_girl

I used to be reasonably tidy and organised so gawd knows what’s changed. 😉

My kitchen today is inhabited by a pair of wheels, track pump, 3 tyres, tubeless sealant, inner tubes needing repaired, tyre levers, filthy shoes drying out.

The lounge floor is covered with maps. My bedroom is inhabited by bikes.

I need a housekeeper. 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Or a shed.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

That’s what a house is meant to look like isn’t?!

cinnamon_girl

Oops, forgot to mention the bottle-nosed pliers sitting on the kitchen table in readiness for servicing pedals.

The shed is full up, it’s only small.

That’s what a house is meant to look like isn’t?!

I dunno, perhaps we should start a poll!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

4 bikes living permanently in the kitchen space, small house as well.
    Thing is, the garage is huge and could easily accommodate them but its not secure enough for me. Two more bikes live in there chained to a brick wall.

yunki
    Free Member

you know you see those photos of slovenly sheds and garages…?

weeeeellll… being a slovenly househusband, that’s pretty much what my house looks like.. except that I also have the added detritus of two small boys and their assorted toys and a wife that has more bags, coats and shoes than Imelda Marcos, all topped with an utterly mountainous pile of eternal clothes washing..

My life seems to basically consist of summoning the willpower each day to do just enough clearing up to prevent us from appearing on one of those terminal hoarder’s tv programmes 😳 🙁

I fear my efforts are akin to Canute

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’m married. Everything must be in the garage or I’m in trouble. That said I like my garage tidy

TooTall
    Free Member

My life seems to basically consist of summoning the willpower each day to do just enough clearing up to prevent us from appearing on one of those terminal hoarder’s tv programmes

and posting stuff on stw.

crazy-legs

My kitchen doubles as a food preparation area and as a bike workshop. It does get cleaned and tidied when swapping between those roles though, it’s not like I’m cooking in a pile of tyres…

Also, 3 of my bikes live in the kitchen anyway.

yunki
    Free Member

and posting stuff on stw.

you can file that under ‘summoning up the willpower’

crapjumper
    Free Member

Thank god for you lot ! Now my missus might see its not so unusual to have to move 2 bikes and boxes of tools to be able to watch corrie at night .

bigblackshed

I have OCD type tidiness issues when it comes to bikes, sheds and storage. If I was married to any of you, I’d be a widower and you would be sleeping under the patio.

vickypea
    Free Member

We live in a tiny house, the spare bedroom is full of bikes and bike kit, the loft has a large collection of jerseys on a length of copper pipe, the tiny kitchen is the permanent home to a track pump, tool box, a rats nest of inner tubes and spare tyres, MTB boots, and is often “full” of our 2 mountain bikes! One kitchen cupboard is full of water bottles and energy bars, and 2 filthy camel baks hang from the kitchen door!

robdob
    Free Member

My cellar used to look like this.

kilo

woodlikesbeer – Member

I’m married. Everything must be in the garage or I’m in trouble. That said I like my garage tidy

I’m married, the wife has three bikes in the living room as they’re too nice to go in the shed – my get out of jail card for most things bike wise:-)

dirtydog
    Free Member

I live in a one bedroomed house with a single small living area.

My bedroom is used for storage and my living room is used for carrying out repairs, yes I’m single!

binners

Mrs Binners has given up. The bikes are meant to live in the shed, but they sort of migrate into the dining room, along with various forks, wheels, tools, helmets, and filthy shoes and Camelbaks. So she’s now bought a framed, vintage poster print, and put it up on the dining room wall that says ‘BICYCLES MAY BE STORED IN THIS AREA’, and goes on to advise you to remove any valuables from your saddle bag.

Bless her! 😀

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Guilty!

My better half is fighting a losing battle to get the house cleared, I keep promising to get the new (unfinished as yet due to problems) mancave sorted out so it’s all nicely organised in there, it will be like heaven when it is. I used to have a bike in the bedroom and she said to me once ‘do we really have to look through a bike to watch telly?’ ‘Yeah, I like to look at the bike as well’, it’s not there anymore. I had 2 bikes in the lounge the other day and she insisted they were moved, ok I said, but mysteriously now my superlight 29er is sitting in the lounge, along with a pair of domains, a dropper post and track pump on the carpet, pedals, tools and shock pump on the windowsill, pile of hydration packs and helmets in the corner, some new tyres in another corner on top of some drawers, had a pile of front and rear lights on the dining table but they got moved this morning as she wanted to eat on table, madness! Nothing in the hallway as it’s recently been decorated, but I think there’s some forks in the spare room. Wouldn’t know where to start with stuff in the loft (that’s what used to be in the spare room!)

Kryton57

detritus of two small kids and their assorted toys and a wife that has more bags, coats and shoes than Imelda Marcos, all topped with an utterly mountainous pile of eternal clothes washing.

+1 I always think it’s just me but that seems to be the way of life with more than one kid. Anyway yesterday i set my bike on my new turbo trainer in the dining room, right next to where I work, very convenient. That lasted 1 session and overnight before in was ordered to pack it away :-/

ianv
    Free Member

Theoretical Front Room

[/url]
    007 by ianvincent, on Flickr[/img]

004 by ianvincent, on Flickr

Downstairs Bog

[/url]
    001 by ianvincent, on Flickr[/img]

One of the joys of single life 🙂

harrisp
    Free Member

I’ve got the kitchen as a bike store/workshop she’s got the spare bedroom as a walk in wardrobe/dump and she doesn’t even live with me all the time. 😆

sparkingchains
    Free Member

A house is a machine for living in and all that 😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Amazing what you lot get away with.I once got bollocked for carrying a carbon road bike through the Xes lounge its not like i was wheeling it on the carpet.Carpet was cheap anyway.She only lived in Swindon 😆

binners

I don’t think any of us are going to be popping up on watsisnames amazing spaces any time soon.

I tend to have a time limit before the stern tone is applied: “Those forks have been leaning against that table for 3 weeks now. Are you planning to do anything with them at any point?”

hjghg5
    Free Member

I currently have three bikes in the front room, one in the dining room, two under the stairs and some in the garage. Two rideable hardtails and three old commuters in various states of disrepair. I think. My OH still has one at his old house he needs to move over here but it will have to be a garage bike not a house bike I think. There are also two turbo trainers stashed in a corner and he has talked about getting some rollers.

Actually, I think there might be a fourth in the front room but it’s his good road bike and still in a bag from when we came home from holiday (weather not good enough to take it out since we got back) so I’ll ignore it for now.

My housework mainly seems to consist of putting any random bike bits in the drawers next to the tv so at least they’re not covering every surface.

cardiac
    Free Member

Dear Cinnamon Girl,

I can honestly say that I do not.

Kind Regards,

Cardiac

MartynS

Shoes, camelback drying In Hall, bikes in dining room, dining room dresser has draw full of lights, brake pads and some bits…
    Kitchen is far to small for bike bits in… Cold weather fettleing is also a dining room activity..

carlosg
    Free Member

At present there are only 4 complete bikes in the house, my DH bike, minicarlos mk1’s bike and minicarlos mk2’s balance bike are in the hall along with all our helmets and body armour there’s also a commuter bike in the attic, the bike shed has 4 bmx, 3 mtb’s , 2 tourers and loads of parts tools and assorted bike gubbins.

The spare bedroom used to be my bike shed but mrscarlos used her feminine charms on me and filled it with arms n legs and all my bike stuff had to move out 😥

TiRed

Helmets live on the piano, tools dotted around the dining room. Occasional bike (or two) in the dining room. Of course the garage has a door from the dining room, but working on bikes is sooo much nicer when the under floor heating is on 😀

Duggan

Nope. Everything is in the garage or if it has to be in the flat, in it’s own dedicated cupboard. I can’t stand mess.

binners

A tidy house is the sign of a diseased mind! 😉

Riksbar

Robdob:

My cellar used to look like this.

Judging by the bikes, was that in 1994? 😆

Nice Al-Mega btw.

Alex

Nope.

Workshop/Bike Store by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Workshop/Bike Store by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

It’s a bit more lived in since that photo was take a few years ago. And all of those bikes have changed! But it’s still pretty tidy and all my bike stuff lives in there. The house isn’t tidy tho. No, because I have two teenage daughters 😉

ton

my bike lives in the kitchen at the side of the radiator.
    my wife is not happy, but it is more secure there than in the dodgy out of sight garage I own.

bikebouy
    Free Member

4 bikes in spare room and packed neatly. 1 in lonjon in the hall way.

Ancillaries in storage boxes or toolbox.

It’s not hard to be tidy (innit)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else live in a bloomin' (biking) mess???’ is closed to new replies.