Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does anyone do dpf removal or know someone who does ?
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Hey guys I have a Mercedes c220 Cdi with dpf problems I’ve had it cleaned software regenned etc and the issue keeps coming back I’ve decided to have the dpf removed I was wondering if anyone on here does this or knows someone who does ? Thanks

cloudnine
    Free Member

You might get flamed here..
    Cyclists breathing in PM2.5 and PM10s…

johnners
    Free Member

You might should get flamed here..
    Cyclists Everybody breathing in PM2.5 and PM10s…

rickmeister

Google Pendle Performance.

They will sort it and the software.

roverpig

I thought the MOT included a dpf check these days and if the car was fitted with one it had to be there to pass.

timmys

Everything else aside, the MOT is/has changed I believe from just being a cursory check to see if it looks as though the dpf is present to an actual, proper check that it’s there. I’m sure the dpf removal guys will still take your money so tread carefully.

rickmeister

It’s possible to remove the matrix inside and refit the empty canister so no odd looking replacement pipe work that doesn’t match.

Software needs modifying to avoid dashboard check lights …

Pendle can do all of that.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll check Pendle sounds good

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

As rickmeister mentioned, it’s quite easy to cut open, remove the innards and then reweld everything back into place.

timber

Guy in the local garage removed the DPF from his BMW in the most simplistic way, just took it off, smashed a bar through the core, shook the bits out and refitted. Looks right, no parts required, dash is lit up like a Christmas tree, but he’s not too fussed, was picked up cheap as a high mileage cat D.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone do dpf removal or know someone who does ?’ is closed to new replies.