Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Does anyone do a decent budget alloy disc capable road winter training frame?
  • Hooter
    Free Member

I’m already getting fed up of clearing the cr#p off my rims on the winter road bike, so I’m wondering if there are any budget/alloy (triple butted?) winter training road frames out there with disc and mudguard mounts? Doesn’t seem to be much about, a few complete 2014 bikes but very few frame and fork options. Wanting something with as close as possible geometry to a racing frame. Anyone spotted anything out there?

dogthomson

Boardman CX?

billytinkle
    Free Member

Jamis Nova Sport from Evans?

edhornby

Kinesis pro6? Not mega cheap but would be a long term keeper

hounslow
    Free Member

PlanetX Uncle John seems like it would be ideal I just built one up with a Kinesis fork and SKS full lengthers, with Tiagra and TRP Spyre brakes. Cheap, light enough and really flickable.

Andy

Evans aredoing a Pinnacle frame for £110 at the moment I think

Ben_H

Pinncale are doing cheap frames, but note that they don’t come with forks (and they don’t list Pinnacle forks as being available online).

mattsccm
    Free Member

Plenty of Meridas on ebay. The graphics are a bit nasty and conventional for me though.
    I am after the same thing.
    Uncle John still has the canti mounts.
    Evans Pinnacle dull as hell, paint it maybe?
    Boardmans only if you are tall. I need small.

jameso

but note that they don’t come with forks (and they don’t list Pinnacle forks as being available online).

They’re available, or at least should be – will get them to add the forks online.
    We have a closer-clearance road disc bike due in soon, £1000 RRP. Shorter stays and steeper angles than the Arkose. Room for bigger tyres if 35c is needed, just more winter road geo than the Arkose’s fun-cx layout. Frames will be a while off tho.

addy6402

I have a <100 mile black Large Arkose frame for sale…email in profile 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

“We have a closer-clearance road disc bike due in soon, £1000 RRP”
    Lets hope its a nice colour then.

shermer75
    Free Member

Uncle John still has the canti mounts.

DIsc mounts

mulacs

Genesis Croix de fer or the newer Equilibrium Disc? Both available as frames and both lustworthy, though might not be ‘budget’! 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Croix de Fer is heavy. Have a look at Planet X.

mattsccm
    Free Member

UJ has the canti mounts as well I think. Ugly blobs on the seat stays in the PX pics

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone do a decent budget alloy disc capable road winter training frame?’ is closed to new replies.