Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)
  • Does Anyone Actually Care About This Country Anymore
  • Spin
    Free Member

no spin just English, a tax payer

My post wasn’t a dig (sorry if it sounded like one) but a real question.

Why do you think we have less ownership of the nation than in the past?

Edukator
    Free Member

Because EDF owns your electricity network and Suez much of your water, Foreigners own major share holdings in your other national champions and rich arabs own anything worth owning in London. Hospitals you used to own are leased back to you and if it can be privatised it has been. Blair sold your country and now you pay rent to those that bought it.

Spin
    Free Member

I’m sorry I asked now.

Is your real name Alf Garnett?

cinnamon_girl

Does this country care about its people any more?

eddie1971
    Free Member

not our own maybe wasn’t the right way of making my point. My point is that we the English are becoming the minority, and my point of freedom speech is when the Anglian Guards came home after a tour of Afghanistan they were greeted with baby killers painted on protest boards and being abused by men in beards and wearing bed sheets. And what did the police do arrest the people who was trying stop them doing so.

eddie1971
    Free Member

would that have happened in America, no way

donsimon
    Free Member

And what did the police do arrest the people who was trying stop them doing so.

Was this because we actually DO have freedom of speech. You would rather have shut them up and in your fight to protect freedom of speech, deny someone who has an opposing view to you their freedom of speech?

Edukator
    Free Member

Well obviously it’s everyone else’s fault not yours, or is it? Where were your shoes made and where are your favourite shoot ’em up video games from. And which paper do you buy?

Spin
    Free Member

Freedom of speech is a double edged sword as people use it to say things you both agree and disagree with. Like the man said: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I agree that people protesting like that against soldiers are idiots for the simple reason that it’s the government they should be targeting for taking us into the war in the first place.

The English are not a minority in England. A glance at the census will verify this and begs the question what qualifies you as English?

eddie1971
    Free Member

abusing war heroes should be denied, and freedom of speech works when it suits. The time when it doesn’t suit is when its coming from a white guy talking about this country’s ethos and beliefs.

Spin
    Free Member

would that have happened in America, no way

America is weird. Whatever ills and differences of opinion there are in the USofA they all (well mostly) rally to that flag.

There is a strong glue holding that place together. Perhaps that is what you are referring to when you suggest this country is not what it was?

eddie1971
    Free Member

Best speech ever wrote

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom’

‘We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!’

‘Most English believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.’

‘We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.’

‘This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

‘THE RIGHT TO LEAVE’.’

‘If you aren’t happy here then LEAVE. We didn’t force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.’

trailmonkey

But he was ! If it was a piece of White shit i’ll would have said White OK !

sure ok.

it’s just that you didn’t seem to deem it necessary to mention anyone’s heritage in the o.p

The other day I was in Wapping and a guy bought his Fish & chips etc

so maybe you wouldn’t have. ok ?

donsimon
    Free Member

Best speech ever wrote written

Kind of says it all really.

I have no right to comment further as I’m Welsh, see you.

Spin
    Free Member

Best speech ever wrote

It’s written.

if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language

Good night.

eddie1971
    Free Member

I’ll email the webpage it was copied from to correct the error didn’t realise it was a English test.

grantway
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member
    But he was ! If it was a piece of White shit i’ll would have said White OK !
    sure ok.

it’s just that you didn’t seem to deem it necessary to mention anyone’s heritage in the o.p

so maybe you wouldn’t have. ok ?
    No I wouldn’t Thats one of the reasons I started the thread

StefMcDef
    Free Member

That’s 4×4 drivers for you.

If you don’t live at the end of a long, unmade farm track, and you drive
    a 4×4, you’re not right in the head. You’ve already given the environment a grandiose two-fingered gesture, and any casual littering you do is merely the cherry on the cake.

Edukator
    Free Member

An English text. I’m a foreigner and immigrant so I assume I’m allowed to mkae typos.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im going to lead a revolution and it will be a utopia then, i dont however live in england so you freaks are all screwed

eddie1971
    Free Member

you will be allowed i should imagine

iDave
    Free Member

didn’t realise it was a English test

Oh the irony…

gsp1984
    Free Member

Just a thought that keeps on running through ones mind
    for what i am seeing day to day and talking to people
    mainly within London.
    in a brand new Range Rover and finished his food and packed it nicely
    together and just thrown it out onto the pavement.
    Whats your thoughts on this.
    Just what is the mannerism of people where you are.

Being in London they probably were not even from the uk.

Last time I went, like any capital, there was more tourists and foreign workers than natives.

I give a crap though, that’s why I want to move to a rural village, once of the last boltholes of britishness.

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh the irony…

Ssssh!

aracer
    Free Member

My point is that we the English are becoming the minority, and my point of freedom speech is when the Anglian Guards came home after a tour of Afghanistan they were greeted with baby killers painted on protest boards and being abused by men in beards and wearing bed sheets

You’ll probably like this, eddie:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll email the webpage it was copied from to correct the error

Their error? The thing is, google only has 2 hits for that phrase, one this thread, the other totally unrelated (though the “speech” itself pops up all over the place). Are you sure you didn’t add that bit yourself?

eddie1971
    Free Member

sorry copied from email, I assumed the lot was copied from the web. Can’t believe nobody mentions the point the speech is making. Lets close our eyes and hope it all goes away.

eddie1971
    Free Member

sorry if I offended anyone, I’m just a proud English man scared of what the future holds for my children and the country we call home.

eddie1971
    Free Member

that’s not the anthem

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jeeze I’ve missed all this fun! 😆

Send the buggers back, I say….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSGtRoEQYA[/video]

iDave
    Free Member

Can’t believe nobody mentions the point the speech is making.

That whoever wrote it is a bit thick?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m just a proud English man scared of what the future holds for my children and the country we call home.

Why not follow that advice and take advantage of the freedom afforded you by this great country and just **** off somewhere else.

As a scot how do i fit into your fears and hope Englander?

Can’t believe nobody mentions the point the speech is making

white Australians think they are English and ignore the plight of the Aborigines whose land they robbed whilst preaching to other people about how to treat the “lawful ” inhabitants of a country.
    Yes thick and hypocritical

eddie1971
    Free Member

[That whoever wrote it is a bit thick?]]

what a comment, then we wonder why the country is like it is, put your head in the sand iDave

Junkyard
    Free Member

why is it lonely there on your won?

eddie1971
    Free Member

sorry junkyard Britain then, are you not also a proud Scotsman didn’t mean to offend.

iDave
    Free Member

what a comment, then we wonder why the country is like it is

You might wonder and worry, I don’t. I like lots of countries, don’t limit myself to one. I don’t fear for my kids future, I try and equip them for it.

donsimon
    Free Member

This isn’t going to end well. I’m Welsh but my parents might not be off these shores. Can I stay?
    I fear for the future in a world of xenophobia and intolerance. Fortunately the Empire got so great by not learning local languages and teaching the natives English and imposing English values on them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m off then. Bye all. You comin’ iDave?

It’s been emotional.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I fear for this country when nasty xenophobes and bigots flourish. I am a proud briton and one of the things that makes Britain great is the tolerance and friendliness that seems to be disappearing under the relentless barrage of right wing propaganda

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s European integration. He went to Spain on holiday and noted everyone chucked their rubbish out of the train/bus/car window and thought it would be cool to do like the latins.

It’s not European integration, it’s maintaining an ancient London tradition. The window-as-waste-disposal practice dates back to medieval times. The Range Rover driver was just expressing his love for this country by following in his forefathers’ footsteps.

white Australians think they are English

No, they (generally) don’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Does Anyone Actually Care About This Country Anymore’ is closed to new replies.