Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • does anyone act their age?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Thanks to a lovely post in the bike forum (although I’m sure it wasn’t meant in a positive way 🙁 )

Ahhhh man your so cool and trendy perhaps we should all follow suit and act 20 years younger than we are and wear hideous loud shorts and take plenty of self indulgent photos whilst riding along shit flat terrain like you

You iz my hero

Is anyone sad enough to act their actual age? I can’t think of anything worse, long live acting like a kid! 😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

When I turned 40 I bought a big red motorbike – does that count as “acting my age”?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I still feel 18 at heart. I suspect I always will.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trusty

I might act my age if I could remember what it was….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

When I turned 40 I bought a big red motorbike – does that count as “acting my age”?

Nope, that’s a midlife crisis. 😯

Edukator
    Free Member

I act older than I am: I dance rock and roll, I read books written before I was born, I like cars driven by old men (I was already running around in the same car as the president in my early 30s) and spend much of my life sleeping.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Ahhhh man your so cool and trendy perhaps we should all follow suit and act 20 years younger than we are and wear hideous loud shorts and take plenty of self indulgent photos whilst riding along shit flat terrain like you

You iz my hero

Well, if we were all the same life would be pretty boring. Live and let live.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m always getting told told to grow up (35 soon to be 36) so I guess not 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

bollox,teets,bums.

paladin

I went round b&q today with a flower pot on my head

fasthaggis

I pretend to act my age ,most of the time.
    The nice thing is,I am old enough to not really give a toss what other people think 🙂

instanthit
    Free Member

Loved riding bikes in the dirt at 14and listening to the clash, why bother changing at 50?
    My mum has repeatedly told me she thinks I am peter pan. Growing up is for boring old farts.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Why would I act my age?
    That would be boring.

rOcKeTdOg

Why would I act my age?
    That would be boring

Well, quite!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Paladin is that acting young or a sign you watched the flowerpot men when you were a kid? . . . .

Im the last person to judge – long live my youthful mentality and I dont care what the rest of the world thinks as long as I feel young …. and stay away from mirrors 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve been told that “you need to act your age, not your shoe size” a few times. I’m in the US, so my shoe size is 8-1/2. I’m 44… 😀

matt_outandabout

Remind me again how I should act?

Bregante

It doesn’t matter whether I act my age, or my (european) shoe size because currently they are exactly the same.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Thanks to a lovely post in the bike forum (although I’m sure it wasn’t meant in a positive way )
    You iz my hero
    Is anyone sad enough to act their actual age? I can’t think of anything worse, long live acting like a kid!

Hehe! Now where’s that landing net?! 😉

Just messing RD you carry on as you are sir!

dyna-ti

Babies ?

ivornardon2
    Free Member

Your age is just an indication of the number of times that you’ve been round the sun not an indicator of how you should behave.

pingu66
    Free Member

ALways getting told to grow up when I was younger, always thoughts “Why would I want to do that!”.

My Girlfriend says I act like I am 6 possibly going on 7 as I like riding in the wet and getting muddy as just an excuse to get muddy. I also ride through puddles.

Pingu aged 46 and three quarters.

seavers
    Free Member

Yes I am sad enough to act my age.

If I acted like an 18 year old douche 24/7 It is more likely than not I would not be successfully self employed with plenty of bike time.

I would be asleep till noon in jizz encrusted pants and not a sniff of pu$$y in sight.

Or in your case RD very colorful pants.

mikey74
    Free Member

Age should not define the things you do. You define the things you do.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I lost a lot of my teen years, I’m still making them up 😉 life’s too short for being old and sensible.

crossland
    Free Member

Definitely not, no intention of acting my age anywhere other than work

br
    Free Member

48 and was told yesterday by my wife that I was ‘grounded’.

Due to been a bit late back from our Saturday ride – at 6pm when we should’ve been back we were still sampling the Pennine Way ‘northshore’ in the Cheviots 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m not sure how a 44 year old mum should act, other than being a responsible parent! I can never see myself wearing beige!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s a stupid expression. It means that as you age you should meet the misguided expectations of younger people, that is: to be less fun and energetic than them. Given the parlours state of today’s youth, that’s unlikely!

God, I sound old.

tazzymtb

right so somewhere in society there is a rule that we should act in a way predetermined by the number of times the earth has circled the sun since we were born. If we don’t, this upsets people?….fk ’em! do what you want, you could die tomorrow and I’d rather be the one having fun than worrying about strangers perceptions of me.

niksnr
    Free Member

Boobies 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Anyone playing out ?

Bunnyhop

Sadly I look my age but in no way act it.
    Hubby is my toyboy (yuk, dislike that expression, so we make a good team).

molgrips
    Free Member

For people to ‘act there age’ there would have to be a predetermined way of acting for any particular age. That’s clearly a stupid concept!

KonaTC

I try not too and mostly succeed 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Age is a state of mind.

toby1

I fell off my bmx at the weekend and badly bruised my butt. 35 1/2 this month!

brakes
    Free Member

to be fair rocketdog, you do seem to ride a lot of flat terrain 😀

ThePinkster

I recently had a birthday card with the mantra

‘Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional’

emblazoned on the front of it.

It was my 47th birthday and came from my nephew.

I think he’s got the right idea. 😀

hora
    Free Member

I still automatically spot/scan every female as I walk into a pub. Terminator-style.

So no matter how old I am, I’m still an utterly-dirty bastard. Thats what counts.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘does anyone act their age?’ is closed to new replies.