Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does anybody know id Copley Bridge is open yet?
  • mos

I’m planning a ride over that way next week, but will obviously need an alternate route if its closed. I suppose some cheekiness in North Dean Woods could be an option if its is shut.

ElShalimo

I was down there a few weeks ago and it said it didn’t look much different to this [video]https://youtu.be/l_e7JV3bwCw[/video]

DaveyBoyWonder or other locals might know ?

mattyfez

There is a diversion through a turnstyle as if you were going to the nature reserve, which doubles back on a temporary gravel path back down to the tow path.

Theres also a temporary bridge along side the broken bridge, so it’s effectivley all ok for walking/riding.

Actually, might be thinknig of the wrong bridge… do you mean the one over the canal?…never mind…I’m thinking of cromwell bottom..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Chew
    Free Member

No bridge at the moment but there’s a temporary one on its way.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yep, new one due by the end of the year. Work starting in September after the kingfishers have done nesting apparently. Currently my rides are going along the cabal towards Salterhebble then down the road towards West Vale and up through the very eastern edge of North Dean Woods up to either meet the Calderdale Way or through the middle and dropping down to the catch by Copley Bridge. Or straight up Wireworks to Norland village if you feel like hurting yourself!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mos – don’t worry about cheek in North Dean, it’s always been a free for all but it’s basically deserted now you can’t get direct access from the village.

marc
    Free Member

Yes it’s down, try Hollas Lane like Davey said. Keep heading uphill turning right as you go. At the top of the cobbles hang a left and keep on until the tarmac runs out, then up the track to your right. There you go; Norland Moor ahead.

Cowman

What about the canal paths just after Hebden Bridge on the Tod side, where it had been falling in for ages? Have they remade this yet, I’ve moved away and tend to only visit Hebden now for a night out.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

There were signs up saying the section of towpath from Burnt Acres towards Hebden was still shut the other week so we veered onto the road but there were a few guys come down the towpath past the signs from the Hebden direction so not sure.

Cowman

Cheers. Think ill go Monday. Ill report back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody know id Copley Bridge is open yet?’ is closed to new replies.