Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Does anybody knit jumpers for folks these days?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,m the man for you Awench.

bruneep

erm thats me in my photo, taken last week 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’m not sitting at home all day knitting jumpers for hours just for ‘fun’ for any man . . . Well I might for Idris Elba 😉

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ummm not exactly Idris Elba here but I do tan nicely.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – I’m sure idris has been covered in another thread somewhere.

Really you should look to start knitting – it’s a beautifully logical and really useful craft.

doris5000

Cheers guys,I had no ideas about the costs and I,m now wondering about the quality of the jumpers in shops

there’s a lesson in here about globalisation etc…

if you wanted to pay someone minimum wage to make a wool jumper in the UK, and sell it in a shop, it would need to cost well north of £100, possibly even £200.

The last couple of decades have seen us totally insulated from the true cost of stuff like this, and now we think £50 for a jumper is pricey. Which feeds into all areas of our consumer society, ie buying tat from Primark and chucking it away later, taking for granted how wealthy we are in the global scheme of things, yak yak

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

I do, although currently just started a project where the lady said she wanted an aran jumper, so I told her about aran wool, quantity etc and she came round with pure 100% aran wool and a pattern for chunky wool (doh!). I am doing it for free. So if you want to get the pattern and the correct wool & quantity would quite happy make it up for you but probably won’t be able to start it until December…
    In Farnborough, Hants if you want to discuss as I think you are in Kingston. I like to make the more complicated things like aran & socks although have never done fair isle so not sure if that was what you were after. Pure wool is better as it holds the pattern and does not stretch when washed. I usually pick up my 100% wool at charity shops otherwise it gets very expensive.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody knit jumpers for folks these days?’ is closed to new replies.