Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Does anybody else's kids have a 'turbo' mode…
  • franksinatra

..that kicks in just before bath time ? 😐

My kids have seem to have this frenzied, manic mode that mostly involves jumping on my head and bouncing off furniture, always kicks in after tea and before bath

It is like the final flurry before shutting down for the day

druidh
    Free Member

After dinner?

marcus7
    Free Member

Yep just got them to bed after 2 hours “run around”

matt_outandabout

They are like dogs. Walk them, twice a day.

Edukator
    Free Member

By the time they’re 14 you can add a bottle of Nitrous, take the power steering belt off and cut the brake pipes.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Yes. All relaxed in front of the tele to bouncing off walls within 30seconds.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

It used to be from those synthetic colours. They aren’t used any more, now that I would benefit from any boost

swavis

Yep, just after dinner. Proper bonkers and great entertainment 😀

yetidave
    Free Member

I thought it was about me walking in from work about then, but they all do it then!

Restrain them for a few seconds, then let them go like a firework!

druidh
    Free Member

So – you give them food, then they find lots of energy?

Hmm – let me ponder that one.

* strokes chin *

tang
    Free Member

Yes, after supper. Bonkers.

juan
    Free Member

What he says, what worries though is that you can’t manage your kids. How about a little parenting, you know shouting punishing and eventually slapping?

ziggy
    Free Member

Speaking as a parent how about letting them run riot for a few minutes and letting off some steam? Were you not a child once?

My boy certainly sleeps better for it.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Mine do this as well – they have a mad half hour before settling down for bedtime stories. Pretty common for them to get giddy when they’re overtired though.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

My little princess has just started her second shouting competition. Flippin eck’ she’s loud!

rossi46
    Free Member

Mine are in turbo mode until at least 8.30pm. After dinner ‘energy dump’ i reckon. I might not make them dinner for a couple of days and see if it makes a difference. Mind you, social services will have something to say about that!

Speaking as a parent how about letting them run riot for a few minutes and letting off some steam?

No- give ’em an inch and they’ll take a bloody mile! 😯

Kryton57

Yes, within 2 minutes of meal times.

rp16v
    Free Member

yes and shes on boost ALL day and still cant lay still when she asleep poor child her body never gets a rest but aparentley i used to be the same i strugle to sit still now.

bencooper
    Free Member

Mini trampoline. Fantastic – offspring has a meal, then goes for a bounce to burn off the spare energy, usually screaming very loudly. An hour or so of that, and she’s ready for bed…

johndoh
    Free Member

Does anyone know where the turbo ‘off’ switch is? I think I am having my lifetime of hyperactivity revisited on me two-fold by my twins.

donks
    Free Member

Yep same as above….there’s a trend here
    Even worse with a 3 year old getting tormented by an 11 year old just before his bed. It’s got so bad we’ve even decided to cut out their redbull…

globalti
    Free Member

Give them fruit for pudding instead of sweet sugary things.

Kryton57

globalti – Member
    Give them fruit for pudding instead of sweet sugary things.

You do know fruit has sugars in?

franksinatra

Give them fruit for pudding instead of sweet sugary things

The kids son’t really get pudding. Would rather they eat a bigger main meal.

I’m not really saying it is a problem, more often than not it is a great laugh, until there is a clash of heads………….

phil69
    Free Member

Dont mind the running around bit so much its when they start punching each other cause one’s got a toy the other wants, thats when the ‘parenting skills’ are put to the test 😆

Harry_the_Spider

My lad goes bonkers for about 20 minutes if he watches Tom & Jerry.

bigG
    Free Member

Yup, we have a mandatory 1/2 hour of dancing and singing about 20 minutes before bathtime and I absolutely love it. It’s basically 30 mins of fun and laughs.

Gives an opportunity to introduce the little one to a broad and diverse range of music as she also insists on having the remote control for the docking station so we have been known to jump from Chemical Brothers straight into Ray LaMontagne.

McHamish
    Free Member

After dinner?

What did you give them?

joemarshall
    Free Member

All day except when asleep,

Bonus is that she still has 2 hour naps and usually sleeps for 11+ hours a night at 2 and a half.

Today since breakfast, she’s done playgroup, picnic plus running in the park, now about to wake her up for a big swim, then we’ll probably do some playing with balls and the hockey sticks at home (I hit em, she fetches em), then dinner, then bathtime carnage (whoever had the idea of kids having a ‘relaxing bath’ never met Rose), then pajamas on probably while she climbs up my back and over my shoulders, then two stories, three songs and bed.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yup, always after dinner. Our 3-yr-old is like clockwork…gets down from the dinner table, starts running around the outside of the kitchen. And around, and around and around. Our 6-yr old used to do similar but now tends to roll around on the living room floor in a random type style. Crazy kids.

DaRC_L

That’s why it’s dinner, bathtime then bed – so the little monkeys can burn of some dinner energy in the bath before bedtime

P.S mine (they’re teenagers now gawd ‘elp me) used to have a turbo mode when just caught being naughty e.g. able to cram 10 times the biscuits in their mouth when caught with the tin in hand

hammerite
    Free Member

I remember Sunday evening rumbles when I was a kid. The general theme would be, my brother (6 years older then am) and I start messing about scrapping, he’d do something to hurt me, my Dad would pick on my brother to help me. Then for some reason I’d side with my brother to try and get my Dad. Dad had all these sly moves to cause mild pain and annoyance that I could never work out….

Until now. I make Jnr tap out and declare me king of the whole wide world before letting him go.

puppypower
    Free Member

Yep, we call it “feral mode” though.

Bunnyhop

Yes, and he’s not even mine (I just look after him).
    When he was much younger (2yrs onward) we used to have quiet time. This started half an hour before bath time and continued to the point he was in bed. It really worked.
    If he went mad after we shut the bedroom door, he just got ignored

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

DO anyone else’s kids…

FFS.

matt_outandabout

Not today they don’t. For some reason they are a *little* tired.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/while-you-lot-were-at-work-or-paddling-in-the-floods-today

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody else's kids have a 'turbo' mode…’ is closed to new replies.