Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Does anybody actually get decent broadband with TalkTalk?
  • larry

I don’t, it is a pile of pants. It used to be ok but now the connections drops all the time and the speeds have gradually got slower and slower. Think it was faster with dial up ten years ago. I cant even watch short movies on here without it buffering every couple of seconds, its like going back in time.

So am I the only one or are all you other TalkTalk customers as unhappy as I am?

Can anyone recommend a good provider please for when I cancel?

Cheers.

larry

Wrong forum…ooops.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ours is carp as well but from what I can gather we’re ‘at the end of the line’ where we live, so It’s probly no worse than with anyone else.

Not entirely sure about that though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Used to get 6Mb, on 8Mb broadband at the old house with Talk Talk but we were about as close to the exchange as we could get.
    Since moving and still on Talk Talk, we are lucky to get 3Mb; on the verge of being too slow for iPlayer & stuff. Putting our postcode and stuff into the speed checker sites, reckon we can get a max of 5Mb here; so 3Mb is probably about right.

They do seem to slow it down at times.

larry

I am getting between 1.2 and 1.3mbps download, this seems very poor to me. I don’t think it used to be this slow perhaps they are too busy working on crappy Xfactor adverts and have forgotten to turn the internet handle recently.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Consistently get about 11mbps download – been with them since they started. Had a few issues in the early days but have been great since, hardly any downtime.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Used them happily for about 5 years, until we moved.
    Couple of reason why we went to Sky.
    1) Service would drop out randomly and run like a dog, mostly in the evenings. Support was no use at all. (I was 2nd line support in a Comms Company)
    Traffic shaping to hide the fact that the excahnge LLU box was oversubscribed.
    2)We moved 100yds away and they wouldn’t let us keep our number. Tried to claim that it cost £300 to do it, so they wouldnt do it for residential customers.
    This is UTTER BS as I work in comms (BT wholesale rate for a renumber / number request is less than a tenner), so sorted it out myself through work and we are now with Sky. Good solid, consistant and reliable.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Usually about 9mb on wireless. Have had up to 13mb hard wired to the homeplug devices before. Can’t fault them really especially with £9.50 line rental

souldrummer
    Free Member

Get 30+ mb/s at the moment but I did upgrade to fibre optic recently. Not fibre optic all the way into the house, but all bar the last couple of hundred yards is. Makes a big difference IMHO.

paul4stones

Just tested it.

0.6Mbps download, 0.3mbps upload.

Cool eh?

stumpyjon

2.5 mbps here, neighbour gets around 1mbps with Sky. We’re LLU, Sky’s not. Still pants but again were at the end of the line. Was poor at first with the connection regularly dropping out but has been ok for the last couple of years.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

No!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sky is LLU if it’s available at the local exchange, otherwise it’s resold BT dsl.

Cougar

… as is everyone.

billysugger
    Free Member

Gone through the floor in the last 7 days

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

my parents are with them. utterly terrible speeds

Coyote
    Free Member

Pretty good service here. Just tested speed and it’s 9Mbps down .5Mbps up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Does anybody actually get decent broadband with TalkTalk?’ is closed to new replies.