Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does a Yeti SB6 need a Boost chain ring?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

A mate of mine wants to run a 32 Oval ring on his Yeti SB6 with a Boost back end. Typically, the chain line would be better with a non boost chain ring but it comes down to chainstay clearance. Any SB6 owners on here who have been through this themselves?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Had a closer look and it needs to be Boost for the clearance.

Has anyone seen a spider adaptor for a Hope crank that will put a standard 4 bolt ring into a boost chainline?

honourablegeorge

Hope do boost direct mount now, and you can buy oval boost hope from OneUp too

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks, I was aware of those. The particular ring he wants to fit is 4 bolt though. Looking closer at this, I think you’ll get a good enough chain line using the spider for the double.

squealer
    Free Member

I’ve got a boost back end on mine and am running A standard chainring (non oval) 32t and it has loads of clearance.
    Will it definately not fit?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t know for certain. The ring in question is a 32 oval.

I’ve reached my conclusion by trying to measure parts not yet mounted to the bike so I could be wrong.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Boost XT cranks away for warranty, fitted standard saints today, loads of clearance and possibly a better chainline tbh, seemed better.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ohh, what size ring?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does a Yeti SB6 need a Boost chain ring?’ is closed to new replies.