Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • does a good kick help?
  • flebby
    Free Member

was walking home from train station the other night and a guy riding towards me had some sort of chain / rear mech malfunction which cut his ride prematurely short, just in time for a rain storm.

anyway he was obviously a trained bike mechanic as his first action was to boot the thing up in the air, then drag it to the nearest wall and slam it into it.

for some resaon the bike was still not working after that :-O ??

i thought about offering him a tree branch to commence thrashing the naughty cycle, but he looked a bit red in the face so i ran away and hid instead.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

I'd go for the thrash every time over a kick, you can end up hurting yourself from a poorly timed kick.
    A scream outloud directed to the heavens can sometimes be beneficial.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I recall an incident out biking with my family. We had just got onto the most exposed part of Parkamoor in the November wind and rain and my son snapped his rear mech hanger.

I tried in vain to fix it / convert it to singlespeed. My family were all watching anxiously and my fingers were beginning to go numb from the cold.

In my frustration I stood up and booted the bike exclaiming 'That's fixed it'. It certainly helped me feel better and it brought a smile to the faces of wife / kids.

I had to pay the price for my mechanical failure that day as I had to push my son all the way from the southern end of Coniston to the northern end where the car was.

flebby
    Free Member

Nice area for a walk I spose :s

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘does a good kick help?’ is closed to new replies.