Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does a DH bike fit securely and easily in a Thule 9503
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thinking wheelbase, tyres, weird frame . Thanks in advance

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Morning 🙂

ekul
    Free Member

My large canyon torque fits in… just! The front wheel clamp is slightly over hanging and that’s with the whole thing shifted as far as it’ll got. Not an issue though and it’s been to France and back trouble free. I do now need a new wheel clamp after a railway bridge/bike interface though…

hatter

It should… just… but it won’t be ideal, the VeloSpace is Thule’s rack for anything long, heavy or weird (long DH, E-bikes, Fat bikes etc etc).

It’s a brilliant bit of kit, albeit with a price tag to match.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks so far. YT tues al large doesn’t fit on a cheap one I bought. Need it to be smooth and easy to use , i really
    Don’t want to have to spend half an hour strapping down a bike making sure it doesn’t come off.

That velospace one looks great but gee whizz it’s expensive .

legend
    Free Member

Is there a reason for restricting yourself to Thule? Otherwise a Pendle Heavy Duty is made for this sort of thing

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nope A thule has come up second hand for the price I paid for the cheap one . Not sure if pendle ship to Sweden where I am unfortunately

legend
    Free Member

They probably would, but I can only imagine how much it would cost – they are substantial bits of kit 😯

andyg1966

+1 for Pendle for big bikes.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Only 35 quid delivery for the pendle one so may well go for that

legend
    Free Member

That’s not bad at all – think it’s something like 25kg.

The only thing that did occur to me about the Pendle (been years since I last had one) is that it’s not very good if you need to adjust the arms a lot. General corrosion over the years, plus steel fixings, plus a shallow thread doesn’t work overly well. Better if you can set and forget (I just set it for the DH bike and if another bike was too short just made sure that one wheel was properly in a holder – never had any issues at all)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does a DH bike fit securely and easily in a Thule 9503’ is closed to new replies.