Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Does a comfortable seat/shorts pad exist? And if so what is it?
  • FOG

Moving back to longs now its started to get cold I was struck how uncomfortable my short liner pads are. I know all a**es are different but has anyone found the one pad to rule them all? I have tried Mavic, DHB, Gore, Sombrio, Decathlon top brand etc, but I still tend to start squirming after a couple of hours. Is that it? Do I have to put up with this, or are there some superior cushioning pads out there?

cynic-al
    Free Member

My Endura 600s are my favourites, but I did ok in an Ironman on the minimalist chamois in a tri suit, so so I guess I’m hardened.

Is your saddle ok?

Edric64
    Free Member

Poor position or saddle causing your problem maybe ?

spooky_b329

Are these liners that come with the shorts? I found them all rubbish, I wear roadie lycra shorts or 3/4’s under my baggies and they are much better

mrmo
    Free Member

ditch the outer short for a start, one less layer to move about and cause issues.

As for pads, different arses, i have Assos, Castelli and the club kit is Inverse, all different (well not strictly true as Inverse and Assos use the same manufacturer for the pads, different models though)

But the Castelli i have are very thin compared to the Inverse, but both are comfy, the Castelli edge it in hot weather. Inverse in cold weather.

I would look at the saddle first then worry about the shorts.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Get a saddle that seems comfy to you without cycle shorts. The specialized BG ones work for me, but you need to try a few.

blurty

Assos shorts & fizik saddles do it for me.

(Expensive combo though 🙁 )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Does a comfortable seat/shorts pad exist? And if so what is it?’ is closed to new replies.