Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Dodgy seller – anybody remembers the name?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

There was a properly dodgy seller here a while back. Not sure of his/her name but have an idea what it was. Does anybody remember him/her, could you let me know the name? Asking only as amongst the loads of bits I’m buying from the classifieds some seem to come from the person in question and I’m not particularly keen on getting swindled. No details provided as I don’t want to badmouth a potentially innocent person.
    Thanks!

uplink
    Free Member

Why not just post the user name up and ask for refs?

sc-xc

There have been a few….

julianwilson
    Free Member

too many to mention, plus often re-registered under different login names too. Give us a clue?

clubber
    Free Member

Bustafajones wasn’t it?

chakaping
    Free Member

Bustafajones wasn’t it?

later known as something5spot?

sc-xc

^ aka freeform5spot/wheelsonfire

He’s banned though I think.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah yes, freeform5spot?

bruneep

To be fair I bought stuff of freeform,bustafa…… Etc. Ok he was a bit slow in posting but it arrived ok as was as described.

ton

he was very untrustworthy.

sc-xc

iwh was the best…didn’t he nick a load of money?

Hairychested
    Free Member

What about Lee Anderson? Or Paul Norwell? Or Carl Hammond? Have any of you dealt with these guys?

sc-xc

Lee anderson….I remember that name. Not sure why!

sssimon
    Free Member

carl hammond i think was slk something or other (forgive me if I’m wrong)

freeform5spot is the only person ever to stiff me on this forum, scumbag of the highest order, reknowned for posting pics of a1 condition parts then sending tatty used stuff, missing bits or worn out crap

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    Hairychested
    Free Member

Thanks TJ.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I had dealings with slk or slk66 and I don’t recall the name to be Carl Hammond, it was something else……

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Plantpot shafted me, can’t remember his real name…

carlphillips
    Free Member

its not activesport.co.uk is it..!!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Not to start this up again but freeformfivespot/bustafajones etc was a decent guy and I’ve had nothing but good dealings with him.

Spread the love guys!

timbur
    Free Member

ff5spot – He seemed to take forever but got there in the end in my experience. Saying that I wouldn’t go there again knowingly.

Ringo
    Free Member

Bought some stuff of freedom and was very pleased

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Hairy, please don’t mistake me (Lee Andrews) as any link to Lee Anderson!!

rickon
    Free Member

ff5spot…. bought some CB Candy pedals… ended up being Smartys. Took ages to arrive too.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I wasn’t checking you mate! Mr Anderson has been on the black list for way too long. If I thought you were him I’d be sending a bomber squadron your way 😉
    Needed to check one of the other names – Paul Norwell, got a couple of emails.
    BTW If I were you I’d ban him from being called anything even remotely similar to your name.
    Let me know as and when you’ve sorted the bits out (money waiting). Cheers!

wrighty9696
    Free Member

Bustafajones lives!

Either his ban after the legendary 5 spot transaction thread has expired or else he’s been slowly building up his new id under the radar

Be careful:)

Radioman

Would be good to have a “list of shame”? I have sold a number of bike bits over the years on here and only had good experiences so far and found the buyers to be decent fellow bikers. Maybe I’ve been lucky. In each case I have had a long chat with the buyer to make sure they are genuine mtb’ers and been happy to accept a cheque from them after.

hugor
    Free Member

There was that famous thread about realman recently too with those “good as new” brakes.

fontmoss
    Free Member

guy in edinburgh mrclean on here that owes me a wheel/money

Jae Duncan in real life apparently, not too long until back up there…

cinnamon_girl

Slight hijack – has Hairychested left the Forum? He’s not posted for a long time.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy seller – anybody remembers the name?’ is closed to new replies.