Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • dodgy or not?
  • willber
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Santa-Cruz-Blur-TRc-Carbon-RRP-5500-NEW-FOX-FORKS-/171010062896?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27d0fe7a30

1) Too cheap

2) Listed as Santa Crux

3) Advert says comes with glue/gluegun (Duh!)

Could be me, but seems suss

watsontony
    Free Member

i think its ok.

1. its really second hand

2. shows as santa cruz to me

3. not a clue maybe you get it with the bike for?????

renton
    Free Member

Its a nice bike let down by the crap brake choice !!

nealglover
    Free Member

Look ok to me.

Loads of information
    Decent spelling
    Good pictures

Sold by Granary Cycles

The seller is the same guy that started this thread on ukbusiness forums

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=277121

(EDIT) for that kind of spend though, I would go and collect it and want a copy of the original paperwork/receipt.

renton
    Free Member

Im pretty sure the sektor r is the top model though ?

Northwind

Scratches head- it says new Fox forks, but comes with Sektors. (and the RL is the top model surely?) Not to say it’s crooked, but it’s not right.

Drac

Scratches head- it says new Fox forks, but comes with Sektors. (and the RL is the top model surely?) Not to say it’s crooked, but it’s not right.

It says the Fox forks can be fitted.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bike was previously advertised for a customer abroad, The bike is now in the UK and has been built up for pics as you can see, the bike also comes with all paperwork, manuals, stickers and glue/gluegun. The owner has also got the warranty on email so it is still covered for 5 years and will be forwarded on to the new owner.

Hmmm what do Jungle say
    Glue Gun = Grease Gun which does come as standard

I’d want the frame number and check with Jungle – did some of these get nicked?

It’s probably a full build with parts swapped out as the brakes are std on the base model (I think) and nobody would spec them the Sekto R is probably the base model fork last year too as the XT one came with Fox Floats.

satchm00
    Free Member

As far as eBay goes if in doubt walk away.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

1) 2nd hand seems the price is ok
    2) do realise the z and x keys are near other on the keyboard so could be a typo
    3) a freebie?

“Relisted – Please make sure the bike is correct before confirming to buy it. ANY questions please ask. SERIOUS buyers only”

Not sure what he means by make sure the bike is correct….isn’t that

“The owner has also got the warranty on email so it is still covered for 5 years and will be forwarded on to the new owner”

As far as I know the warranty will not be honoured as you are not the original owner

his job?

AS Neal says ..collect though

robbonzo
    Free Member

R is not the top Sektor, and it seems a slightly odd description in general. Id be paying on collection or walk away.

toys19
    Free Member

It’s probably a full build with parts swapped out as the brakes are std on the base model (I think) and nobody would spec them the Sekto R is probably the base model fork last year too as the XT one came with Fox Floats.

This^ or its a frame they could not shift and decided to build it up with some cheapo parts they had lying around?
    Legit, but a bit odd..

scholarsgate
    Free Member

looks full suss to me.

granarycycles
    Free Member

Hi Everyone, Please allow me to add to this.

My name is Jack and I am the owner of Granary Cycles. I noticed a few off you have suspicions, doubts or concerns about the TRc but I would just like to clear everything up for all of you.

The company is a fully registered company, I am not doing this as a side to make some quick cash, this is what I do for a living. It has taken me months to get some of the best contracts out there to supply some of the biggest and best brands such as Santa Cruz, Giant, Lapierre to name a few. We work with a lot of distributors and dealers (all registered) throughout Europe including one of the biggest, Hotlines.

The Santa cruz listed is an ex-demo bike so some may class it as second hand but it is in new condition, that is why the bike is not listed as ‘brand new’ but under new (other). The bike will come with a international invoice which will be honoured by me and the dealer for five years from the date listed on it.

I noticed someone mentioned the spec is not as good standard as the frame, your would be correct. In my opinion XT kit, Kashima shock, Rs forks etc is far from a poor spec bike and suitable for 95% of people on UK trails, This is reflected in the price anyway. If you wanted to upgrade the brakes, forks etc then I would be more than willing to cut you a deal, hence why I offered some Fox forks as I know a lot of the UK bikers want Fox suspension, mainly due to the name. People will knock RS forks but they are very good forks and not to be missed because of a brand name.

I apologise for writing Santa Crux, easy mistake (look at your keyboard!).

The bike was listed with a gluegun as this is what you get when you buy a new bike, not many come with it but every customer wants one with their bike, i was stating it was with the bike that is all.

The bike was listed again stating ‘genuine interest only’ as I had two buyers (seperate occasion) saying they will have it and when it came to buying it they then stated they needed a large, please check before hand.

I am currently in the process of opening my fully functioning online store which will list a lot of new brands such as: Santa Cruz, Giant, Cannondale, SRAM, Rockshox, Avid, TLD, Maxxis plus may more all at very good prices. It should be open monday but wont be fully done until about 2-3 weeks as it is taking me a LONG time to get all the info, pics etc for every product so please bare with me on that. The website is http://www.granarycycles.com if you are interested.

We also sell a lot of used and ex-demo bikes so please keep an eye out for some bargains.
    You can check out a small selection of our used bikes sold on pinkbike.com here: http://www.pinkbike.com/u/GranaryCycles/buysell/

I have loads of happy customers and I am more than willing to pass on their info to confirm this if they should concent. I have had one issue with warranty on a 2012 Spicy 916, The rear shock would not engage propedal. The shock was collected from the customer the next day and is currently being stripped/serviced by MOJO under warranty. It should take about one week to have it back, no cost to him.

The last bike I have sold (This morning) was the Tallboy you can see on Pinkbike (listed above), the bike was like new and sold this morning for £2500 to a member of the british cycling team.

All my bikes are kept as a delivery storage unit, this is a lot safer and they are ready for delivery as soon as I make the call. A few times customers want to collect although I prefer to post (due to them being packed etc) I will bend over backwards to help. Such as the Tallboy,I had to do a 30 mile trip then built the bike up yesterday for the owner as they wanted to collect it. I also gave them a new set off DMR V8 pedals.

I hope this clears everything up for all of you, anything else you would like to know please ask.
    I planned on joining this forum under recommendations but was hoping it would be under better circumstances.

Kind Regards
    Jack

renton
    Free Member

Dont you mean a grease gun ??

granarycycles
    Free Member

Haha sorry just noticed that. Yes greasegun.

I have been doing 12-14 hour days the past couple of weeks trying to get everything sorted so I am completely knackered.

Need a holiday!

empireofthefun
    Free Member

Wouldn’t expect the suspension to be very supple after being lubed with a “glue gun” 🙄

granarycycles
    Free Member

I must have made the typo initially and have posted it on a few sites since, must change it now. I am surpriced no one else has picked up on it.

I am not sure if companies are allowed to post on here, I know on some forums you get kicked off for posting. So if I stop posting suddenly I will have been booted 👿

granarycycles
    Free Member
    renton
    Free Member

what sort of price will you be knocking the Chinese carbon bikes out for if you can import them ?

granarycycles
    Free Member

Sorry but we wont be doing it now, Spoke to a few companies doing it but yet to find one who will really honour their warranty.

It is probably going to be something we will look into in the future as we stock SRAM, Avid, Truvativ and Rockshox so can put one together cheap, infact really cheap. For the time being though we will just be stocking the major brands.

If we do it I will be using the frame for a minimum of six months on various terrain to test them before I even think of selling them.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘dodgy or not?’ is closed to new replies.